Chris reassures ledditors

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/232864/whats_coming_in_112b/

"
It's not so much yo-yo balancing as me becoming more involved in the balance again and changing stuff back that I didn't like. I completely trust the rest of the balance team, but people's individual design philosophies differ and you'll be seeing more of mine in the near future.

Upvote Uberzwerg :p

"
Hilbert wrote:
Upvote Uberzwerg :p

"
Here in Germany it became a tradition to declare your full trust for someone just days before they get fired.
(Angela Merkel did this half a dozen times in the last years. She gave an official statement whenever one of her underlings is under attack by the press and declared her full trust. They usually don't stay in office for more than 2 weeks after that)

UPVOTE THIS NOW!
Oh actually one thing is wrong.

She says "fullest trust" before she fires somebody or makes him retire. Full trust is used on a daily basis.

The best example was when she send an aspiring competitor as a canidate into an election where the chance to win was as high as Obama winning an election in a state where everybody is a member of the KKK.
"Fullest Trust to win the election"
And after he refused to retire he got fired without official statement.

pure marketing, still go and do it :D
"
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/232864/whats_coming_in_112b/

"
It's not so much yo-yo balancing as me becoming more involved in the balance again and changing stuff back that I didn't like. I completely trust the rest of the balance team, but people's individual design philosophies differ and you'll be seeing more of mine in the near future.

Yeah well they ought have their *design philosophies* on the same page if they're working as a team.

Maybe they should a have tea party sitting,with cookies and a blackboard handy just to update what they themselves as a team and business consider the design philosophy of choice.

Reddit heh ?

=P
 In light of all things good and bad that have occurred in development since the original PoE manifesto was penned it is time that GGG re-evaluate and revise this document. Where GGG is at today and the 2014 arpg gaming climate has to be different then it was a few years back and to fail to adapt PoE to what a majority of players want in a 2014 arpg is just as bad as anyone still pretending that global warming is not real. Staying stuck with outdated visions that don't sink up with today's players expectations is a recipe for failure. The GGG founders core belief in hardcore arpg gaming is good as none of us want a "Whimseyshire" type of game but for millions of players that have tried PoE and quit (I'm still in Wraeclast but at a much lower time than 1 year ago) the arpg climate has changed. So with all the problems with RNG centered crafting, drop rates, item scaling, time grind vs. rewards given balance problems, new zones balancing, one-shotting uber rogues, etc., etc. and many other game elements as seen as failures by the players I believe that the manifesto needs to be amended.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
  So with all the problems with RNG centered crafting, drop rates, item scaling, time grind vs. rewards given balance problems, new zones balancing, one-shotting uber rogues, etc., etc. and many other game elements as seen as failures by the players I believe that the manifesto needs to be amended.

These are not all problems. They are only things you don't like.
"

"
Here in Germany it became a tradition to declare your full trust for someone just days before they get fired.
(Angela Merkel did this half a dozen times in the last years. She gave an official statement whenever one of her underlings is under attack by the press and declared her full trust. They usually don't stay in office for more than 2 weeks after that)

That's not just in Germany it's common in politics (and business) and you can't really read anything into it since the leader has to express full confidence until the end otherwise the critics (opposition) would have a field day.
Nothing to see here.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
  So with all the problems with RNG centered crafting, drop rates, item scaling, time grind vs. rewards given balance problems, new zones balancing, one-shotting uber rogues, etc., etc. and many other game elements as seen as failures by the players I believe that the manifesto needs to be amended.

These are not all problems. They are only things you don't like.

And when too many players don't like these things it becomes a problem,more so for the developer than the players that don't like them because that's gonna cost the developer financially and reputationally,while the unhappy players move on.

Word of mouth got GGG a lot of support,it can also lose them a lot of support.

=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info