Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

Hey Chris, you still working on a v1.1.4 manifesto?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
One of the best gaming company ever :)
build of the weeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!
Is there some manifesto entry plan about itemization? Currently most builds use uniques and the pool of rares that are really interesting is truly small (it's evident what things you should min max)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Hi Chris and GGG. I don't currently play path of exile, but it is a good game and some day I might return :)

I just wanted to say I am really happy to see the extra effort you are putting into communication. A long time ago I made a post about a deeper explaination for your balance and patch choices, and now you have implemented it :) So glad to see this. I think and hope it will help move this game in the right direction :)
I'm not sure exactly where to post this, but given that the main thread here is about communication and that's what I'm asking for, I suppose there are worse places.

I'm aware that this subforum details client performance and desync as their own threads, so those should probably be excluded.

I would like to suggest for Chris (Or whoever, really. Anyone with content/engine knowledge.) to create a new manifesto entry detailing the already confirmed features of the upcoming 1.2 patch/expansion or even better, a general roadmap of planned improvements. I'm referring more to what updates to the engine are being implemented than what content the expansion holds.

Over the last few days I've been scraping together all the details I can in anticipation, but it would be wonderful to be able to just come here and read up on what changes are coming.

For example, we all know that trails are being implemented as a new visual effect type. We also know about the improvements to text rendering, plans to eventually have material detection for footprint decals/sounds as well as effects when walking through water, and I've seen mention of some mysterious animation rigging overhaul (though I don't know how credible that is). There's more, definitely, and I think it would be nice to give some idea to your technically inclined players as to what changes are planned or hoped for. I think an Engine Roadmap would serve this purpose quite well, and would help you to gain an idea of what features players would prefer to see first.

Also, I wish you the best of luck in finding a graphics programmer and anything else you require to continue building upon this amazing game.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Hi Chris,

I wanted to ask if you would give us a post detailing the upcoming changes to the "snap-shot" mechanic. I personally am very curious if it will be removed entirely as some builds almost depend on it and there are a number of items that appear to be made specifically for this mechanic.

I know this is a hot topic with the community, but was hoping we could start the grieving process early to give people time to prepare themselves before 1.2 comes around.

Thanks
-nosrek
Is it weird i read all of this in Chris' voice?
I thought I would post this comment here as well, because totems need some love. Echo gem for self-casters, Mult-strike for Melee, and nothing at all for totems that already die fast, have low kill speed by comparison, and low cast speed. Now when I run in a group as a totem user people are going to snicker because they know that they are faster, stronger, and more tanky than I ever can be. Please give the totems some love.
Search for "Silvers Kiosk" on the forums for some quality gear and fair trades.
IGN: Silver_Totems
"
gfeldman wrote:
I thought I would post this comment here as well, because totems need some love. Echo gem for self-casters, Mult-strike for Melee, and nothing at all for totems that already die fast, have low kill speed by comparison, and low cast speed. Now when I run in a group as a totem user people are going to snicker because they know that they are faster, stronger, and more tanky than I ever can be. Please give the totems some love.

What do you think of my idea for this? Splinter.

"Rather than more casts/attacks, the totem gem could be Splinter. Basically, when a totem dies it turns into 2 to 3 smaller totems that have reduced range/aoe and have less health, but are overall superior to the base totem. The base totem would probably have to either cost more or deal less damage to compensate. So if you go full totems (keystone+uniques) you could end up with NINE mini totems that tear everything apart before dying."
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info