Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

Add more veiled mods and more craft mods! everyone need more!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
[Removed by Support]

Why do you censor people that try to tell you why the game is turning to trash?

You love communication so much do you ? allow us to remove other players mtx. there is my communication to you right now. no more mtx shit until the game stops crashing. no removal of dx9, no mandatory shadows no memory leaking multi GB client full of glowing garbage mtx i never wanted to see.

[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support] - don't mention the chinese ownership of this game!
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 7, 2019, 4:39:22 PM
With the announcement of another Atlas shift all standard players who spent hours playing tetris with map tabs and bought a second map tab at the start of betrayal are obviously raging.

I think it's time for GGG to address all standard issues with a manifesto.

I don't know if standard players account for 0.1%, 1% or 10% of the total population, but I know that for all the duration of betrayal, standard instances looked quite busy.

Furthermore, with the record-breaking number of players who have been playing recently, I think we are dangerously approaching a time when a standard wipe will be needed to keep the game sustainable, even just considering the database resources required for all the items generated every 4 months.
"
Lichalfred wrote:
*snipped most of the post off*

This is extremely demotivating for a regular PoE player - the content just humiliates him and shows the further miserability of the attempts to craft gear.

I would call myself "a regular PoE player". One or two characters per league, rarely more than that, unless I'm testing out something new for an upcoming league. I've never had a level 100 in this game, I think the highest is 97.

How you described the items that would be difficult and expensive to get, and how it would demotivate a regular player... I disagree.

I'm not demotivated by that, as I have learned that getting the absolute best of the best of the best item in any game will be insanely difficult and/or expensive. And it should be. That's the challenge for "perfectionists", if you allow using that word here.

I don't see the need for one-shotting everything and two-shotting bosses, to exaggerate a bit. That would only remove any challenge from the game. I just wish that the big fights were kept fair and playable in a way that you can see what is happening around you. During Betrayal, it was often impossible to see what was going on, due to so many mobs and effects being there at once. That is what generally demotivates me; games that give you no chance at all, or games that give you absolutely no indication about who or what killed you.

(Also, the fact that you were unable to "skip" interventions while you could easily just run past anything else Syndicate related, was really annoying with crappy gear during the leveling of first character. It almost made me quit the league after only a handful of days.)

For a regular player like me, it's more about steady progression. In every league, I plan my first build so that it works fine with average gear in "early endgame", can do more difficult content once the gear improves from average to good, and if I ever get one of those most expensive and hard-to-get corrupts, enchants or other little details sorted, it really feels like an accomplishment. As it should. My second build may be something more... expensive, depending on what I have got my hands on.

In short, any game that you want to keep players in for long periods of time needs time/currency sinks, and crafting fills both of those roles quite nicely in PoE. If you get demotivated by the cost of getting the most difficult-to-craft item possible, you have simply bitten more than you can chew.
Last edited by eubeldin on Feb 22, 2019, 4:22:24 AM
If you sincerely want to "improve communication", please read, understand and act upon the self-evident fact that

PEOPLE
LOVE
DELVE

and...dunno....maybe not nerf delving into oblivion and actually let a door open to people to actually delve if they want to without being forced to spend half a day in 6-people groups that just open maps to look for nodes

Again. Communication: PEOPLE LOVE DELVE

Are we communicating?
best game!
"
havz0r wrote:
If you sincerely want to "improve communication", please read, understand and act upon the self-evident fact that

PEOPLE
LOVE
DELVE

and...dunno....maybe not nerf delving into oblivion and actually let a door open to people to actually delve if they want to without being forced to spend half a day in 6-people groups that just open maps to look for nodes

Again. Communication: PEOPLE LOVE DELVE

Are we communicating?

You should watch the baeclast with wilson, he explained that he knows people love delve and now sulphite nodes are guaranteed to come in 3s now per map which effective makes it an 80% buff or something. The scarabs are a nerf it i smore of a nerf for high end players because mostly the high end players are the ones that buy those scarabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwyTEJ6FKE

A lot of other info there. They should post interviews here on this forum for people who are interested.
build of the week need
beks build of the week!
ggg support the best

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info