Shadow of the Vaal quest - Bandit Oak won't drop amulet!

When I kill the Bandit Oak, he won't drop the amulet I need to finish the quest. I have already killed him 6 times by reloading the instance. I have also tried relogging and killing him with no luck.

I have already killed the bandits Kraityn and Alira and I have both of their amulets.

The only other quest that I have is the "Deal with the Bandits", which I believe is linked with the "Shadow of the Vaal" quest.

I can't move forward right now. Without Oak's Amulet I am stuck. A fix for this quickly would be nice, otherwise I'll just find a new game to play.
Last edited by TheTrueLM on Apr 14, 2014, 8:39:00 PM
Are you sure you don't already have Oak's reward? Are you on the right difficulty?

Go back to town and talk to Eramir or whatever his name is... sitting on the ground next to Gruest.
I don't know why people keep asking if I already have his Amulet. The inventory is so small that you would have to be blind to not notice it.

As for the difficulty, I'm on whatever is standard. I don't remember ever being asked which difficulty I want to play on.

As for Eramir, I thought about that as well, he has nothing new to say and nothing to give me.
I finally got it. After the 11th time killing him, he finally dropped his amulet. Now I have the Apex and can continue.
It's not about the amulet being in your inventory, as sometimes it doesn't (depending on choices made, etc).

If you click on the Waypoint, at the top of the map window, it says "Normal", "Cruel", "Merciless" based on which difficulty you are in. I wanted to make sure you weren't doing the wrong level of the quest that you already completed. It is common for new players to be progressed in "Cruel" difficulty but killing the "Normal" version of Oak on accident.

There are no bugs I'm aware of with the bandit quest that would prevent you from getting the quest reward if you are doing everything you are supposed to do.

That's why we ask the questions.. to make sure you're doing everything you are supposed to be doing.
as a side note, I don't believe that quest is required for anything other than skill points or their other rewards.
It is a required quest to continue through to other quests. You need the amulets to make the Apex, then use the Apex at the pyramid. The creature that is casting the darkness over the land appears and you have to defeat it before being able to continue.

So not being able to finish the "Shadow of the Vaal" quest was keeping me from continuing.
ahh yes.. you are correct. my mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info