hows my build bros?

2 handed double strike duelist checking in
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDAAUtBu4JlhDwGlUbyB0mIQIhVSFgJJsl3ycgJy8ppSz7Mfs0NTboOQ49_ECgQXRDMUd-TipYY14TXz9gS2EhYxdko2VNbmlyu3TtdPF2K3Z_eu97jH6afuB_44CKhNmE74dqjM-QbJdwmSubWJ5XnrmkrKcwqXOplKvFr6K2QbyfvYG-p8APwQTBB8bYypDSTdRS137jn-RR5cXrCe8O8i_2SPdN_Ik=

gear

any sugestions on how i can improve my passive tree and what i should upgrade gear wise (cheap sugetions only, im on dat der poverty time)?
Last edited by werioz on Apr 14, 2014, 2:52:21 PM
foreveralone :(
Classic build.

You don't take the right nodes, i guess.
Either you play with crit, and rush Pure Brutality, accuracy, crit multiplier and crit chance.
Either you forget crit and rush Resolute Technique (best option you gad i guess, but maybee i'm wrong). So no need accuracy and lots of dext. But WATCHOUT. Look what happend with your double strike with quality...

To be tanky, you shall take 200+% increase maximum HP. And why not taking some +30% armor nodes just near you ? With Iron Reflexes, nodes granting % armor AND evasion rating are counted twice on your final armor. Best ones for you.

With a 2 handed weapon, the classic support gems are : added fire dmg (dmg in % of your weapon DMG, insane with a 2handed one), faster attacks, multistrike, weapon elemental dmg and weapon physical dmg.

Try to get some life leech and mana from nodes and items, way better.

In a nutshell, your build is not very strong, goes a bit everywhere without a goal.
And why no ones answer ? Because THOUSANDS of answers are right near you. Just check the others builds ! Ppl will explain why their using this instead of that, why you shoulden't take small swords nodes, wasting points while there is some way better nodes not so far...

i was a 2h double striker.

i choose to be generic 2h (no specific weapon nodes, just 2h nodes) so i can use any 2h weapon.
My first weapon was a kongor's which was excellent as enemies couldn't evade my attacks, so at that point i didn't take resolute technique.

Since then i came across this weapon:

(which is for sale btw)

i then respecced to include resolute technique (which, imo, is necessary).

this was my tree:

http://www.poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtCZYLYRQgGJEb-iFVJd8nICcvKaUs-zIJNZI26DkOPfxAoEZpSn1KyE4qUEdW-lcNWGNYr1uvXzlfP2BLYSFnoGoeapNsRm5pbqpybHKpcrt07XgNeWh673zZfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKMz5AKkGyRzpkrmy2euaFtpBmkrKcwqBipbqlzqZS18rZBuc277byfvYG-ir6nwA_ApsDzwQTKkNIh0k3V7dlh3Q3d4-Of5FHrCe8O8i_2SPcy9778ifzF

Tree:

If i were to offer you advice on your current tree it would be to pick more life nodes and get resolute technique, unless of course, you're going for a critical build, then that's a whole new kettle of fish. But i'm assuming that you're just straight facetanking. Drop mind over matter, since you're using grace and hatred, your mana is very low so damage mitigation from mana is useless.

Another thing to note since you're using 2h weapons, the damage of your weapon is large and the effect of weapon speed is more significant that physical damage increases. I have found that a 4% weapon speed node gives more DPS than a 10% melee node. Drop some of the damage nodes in favour of attack speed.

Equipment:

I my experience, all i ever used to recover health was 2% life leech, which i gained from choosing the 2% LL node. This may be different for you so i would suggest that you'd only need 4% leech to be efficient. You can get 4% LL easily from jewellery and gloves (i used a carnage heart for difficult maps), once you do you can drop the life leech gem in favour of multi-strike and boost your DPS even further.
In fact, multistrike is the best gem you can use with double strike, you hit 6 times and lose only the minimum life per strike.

Link leap slam with faster attacks and blood magic for mobility.

My second CWDT gem is maxed out and is linked to max enduring cry - max immortal call - max molten shell. When this procs i'm invincible for about 3 seconds.

I may be wrong but i can't seem to see enough resistances in your equipment and tree. If that's the case then you'd need to invest in more resistance equipment.

I hope this helps, if you need any help send me a friend request at wraithe_au. GLHF!
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
thanks for the advice guis, bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info