GGG cares more about Forum etiquette

"
StinkFinger wrote:
"
Clocksimus wrote:

I recently picked up D3: RoS and when I have 200-300 latency my character rubberbands like crazy. Why doesn't Blizzard fix this already? They make billions and the game isn't perfect? They care more about forum etiquette than fixing core gameplay issues.

The difference there is...

You have shit internet and and have to suffer because of your shit internet

Whereas here...

Everyone has to suffer.

That is why you defend this game's trash desync. You don't feel so bad, having your shit internet masked by GGG's shit netcode. You enjoy everyone suffering with you.

This games' shitty desync masks people's shitty internet... And you'll notice most of the "Desync Apologists" are ones with shitty internet and/or live in the far corners of the world.

These "Apologists" will blast games like Dota/HoN/LoL/D3 saying they are "just as bad" because they'll get delay from their shitty latency/internet.

The reality is... The "Apologists" defend PoE's shittyass desync, because it's probably the only game ever created that makes their shitty ass internet seem equal with the rest of the developed world's. I mean in PoE no one's internet matters, everyone desyncs.

Everyone has to suffer... And that makes them feel better. Hence why they get so defensive, when anyone brings up the fact that this game's desync, it's not normal or acceptable.

15/4/2014 - Stinky still mad.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
StinkFinger wrote:
"
Clocksimus wrote:

I recently picked up D3: RoS and when I have 200-300 latency my character rubberbands like crazy. Why doesn't Blizzard fix this already? They make billions and the game isn't perfect? They care more about forum etiquette than fixing core gameplay issues.

The difference there is...

You have shit internet and and have to suffer because of your shit internet

Whereas here...

Everyone has to suffer.

That is why you defend this game's trash desync. You don't feel so bad, having your shit internet masked by GGG's shit netcode. You enjoy everyone suffering with you.

This games' shitty desync masks people's shitty internet... And you'll notice most of the "Desync Apologists" are ones with shitty internet and/or live in the far corners of the world.

These "Apologists" will blast games like Dota/HoN/LoL/D3 saying they are "just as bad" because they'll get delay from their shitty latency/internet.

The reality is... The "Apologists" defend PoE's shittyass desync, because it's probably the only game ever created that makes their shitty ass internet seem equal with the rest of the developed world's. I mean in PoE no one's internet matters, everyone desyncs.

Everyone has to suffer... And that makes them feel better. Hence why they get so defensive, when anyone brings up the fact that this game's desync, it's not normal or acceptable.

15/4/2014 - Stinky still mad.

Maybe but he's correct.

Nowadays what matter the most to people is to compare them-self to others in video games. It can be a matter of gear, skill, or whatever they feel entitled to, and that's what Stinky he's referring too. For once players with shitty internet are not the rejects of a community (or at least feel like it) since I quote: "POE's shittyass desynch... makes their shitty ass internet seem equal".

Plus a lot of people refuse to admit they are wrong (note, any game not just POE). So when they spent lots of time and probably monies on a game, god forbid someone points out its massive misgivings. That would make their "investments" worthless and that's how and why you can observe fanboys acting angrily in gaming forums.

POE does not deserve much time anymore and certainly no money. The issues it's plagued with should have been sorted ages ago.

Any gamer accepting the combination of desynch + OS hits everywhere in any game is a fool. But again, most unemployed nolifers and sillies with crap lives feel the need to be achievers somewhere, so they pick up a game and fight for it no matter what like fanboys.

Skill is
"
Mischief67 wrote:

Maybe but he's correct.

Nowadays what matter the most to people is to compare them-self to others in video games. It can be a matter of gear, skill, or whatever they feel entitled to, and that's what Stinky he's referring too. For once players with shitty internet are not the rejects of a community (or at least feel like it) since I quote: "POE's shittyass desynch... makes their shitty ass internet seem equal".

Plus a lot of people refuse to admit they are wrong (note, any game not just POE). So when they spent lots of time and probably monies on a game, god forbid someone points out its massive misgivings. That would make their "investments" worthless and that's how and why you can observe fanboys acting angrily in gaming forums.

POE does not deserve much time anymore and certainly no money. The issues it's plagued with should have been sorted ages ago.

Any gamer accepting the combination of desynch + OS hits everywhere in any game is a fool. But again, most unemployed nolifers and sillies with crap lives feel the need to be achievers somewhere, so they pick up a game and fight for it no matter what like fanboys.

Skill is

You seem like a rather... simple person to me. Keep going with those stereotypes :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
According to what some are claiming, GGG have a problem that they can fix, but are unwilling to.
Therefore, desync must be a psychological/behavioural issue, not a technical one.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Last edited by Rufus82 on Apr 16, 2014, 4:32:37 AM
"
allbusiness wrote:

PoE defense force defends even when they have no experience or little experience in a league and then proceed to theorycraft nonsense.

Yes, there are sometimes those who defend GGG who don't understand another poster's position, or the game mechanics. Sometimes, they grasp what is going on, but don't explain it very well. At other times, it is just a reactionary reflex post that really doesn't have any substance to it.

However- people who cry "GGG Defense Force" "White Knighting" or some other similar term on a regular basis are often those who make negative inflammatory posts intentionally trying to get a response.

"
allbusiness wrote:
See Real_Wolf and Fruz trying to tell others that Invasion league is 'fine' and that it is 'meant to kill players' when they haven't experienced things like Ossedesync or Flicker Doom from the corner of the screen.

There have been and will likely be more overpowered monsters that the player has little chance of defending against. I don't think this is GGG's intention, just as I don't think GGG intends to release new items that allow players to break the game and steamroll everything in sight with zero effort.

GGG probably does intend to make some very tough encounters. Sometimes they get the balance wrong. Players critical of these things are 100% correct to post about them.

"
allbusiness wrote:
Oh, and saying nonsense like desync exists because of cheating is hilarious. People will cheat regardless of your protection.

1) Please re-read the desync threads. You either missed some key information, or you disbelieve it. Disbelieving something that is true, does not make it false.

"
allbusiness wrote:
Desync on the other hand exists because of poor netcoding, plain and simple.

2) There are people who will optimize/debug/improve your code on a contract basis. If the problem was as simple as you describe, GGG could get the problem fixed without spending much money at all ($1-5 grand depending on whether they were willing to wait a month or two for the programmer to do it in their spare time or if they wanted it done in a week or two.

3) Cheating in PoE is not rampant as it is in many other games. It is not based on exploiting loopholes in the game. The coding that allows desync to creep in is specifically there as an anti-cheat measure. It is a client/server trust issue. GGG could completely trust the client and desync would be gone tomorrow. You would still have some latency issues, but those would only depend on quality and speed of your connection to the server.
You would also have rampant cheating, duping, things like instant level ups, town kills, white gloves, hex charms etc.

4)Re-read the Desync threads. Players are paying the costs of anti-cheat measures, just as in the long run, consumers pay the costs of thieves stealing physical merchandise whether they stole anything themselves or not. Actions have consequences.

5)Re-read the Desync threads. If you have questions on it, post in there about it. Most likely, it has already been covered.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Rufus82 wrote:
According to what some are claiming, GGG have a problem that they can fix, but are unwilling to.
Therefore, desync must be a psychological/behavioural issue, not a technical one.

Yes, it is indeed. There is a behavioral issue of GGG's clientele. Players try to cheat. GGG uses client prediction rather than direct linkage to keep the player from accessing the server data directly, and this imperfect communication between the two causes desync.

You can find a much better and more accurate explanation in the desync threads.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 16, 2014, 8:29:59 AM
"
Mischief67 wrote:
Skill is

Skill isn't. Skill can be.

Skill is learned. Reflexes are not skill. Instinct is not skill.

There are insects with far more such reflexive instinctual abilities than any human on Earth will ever naturally have.

Skill builds on what you have or what you can get.

Example - A humminbird doesn't have flying skills. A pilot who can make the space shuttle do a loop does have flying skills.

Playing skills or the lack thereof doesn't mean a person's criticism/support of the game is any less valid. If that were the case, only professional athletes would make good sports doctors.
Looks like Quiting is pretty hard job for today kids.
▄█▀█▀█
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Yes, it is indeed. There is a behavioral issue of GGG's clientele. Players try to cheat. GGG uses client prediction rather than direct linkage to keep the player from accessing the server data directly, and this imperfect communication between the two causes desync.

You can find a much better and more accurate explanation in the desync threads.

Don't worry, you have no argument from me.
My comment was aimed at the "logic" people employ regarding the "easy" fix.
You put it quite well when you said that if it was so easy they could hire someone for a few grand to solve the "mystery".

On the other hand, if GGG does have a behaviour problem on their end, maybe the next round of supporter packs can literally be for rehabilitation support.
We could have the Hypno-Therapy tier, Group Therapy tier, and the big one could be for them to go on some sort of camping trip :P
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Russell wrote:
Phew glad support finally took balance and desync work off me. I had no idea what I was doing. I was just typing :{/internet fast +300% /desync = no }{/balance = very yes!} into our code and all I was getting was errors. Hopefully customer support will know how to fix these issues.

Best GGG post of the year +1
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info