[Ambush] How to move from Vaal to Piety?

Greetings!
So, like most people, I built an MF SB Templar for my first character in Ambush. I actually didn't know it was going to be the fotm build... but oh well.
I'm currently 73, doing well (moved on to mostly playing my new Ranger, but still do MF runs every once in a while). My boss has been Vaal. I can do Piety (solo, haven't done group yet) but it's sloooowwwww.

I was hoping somebody could give me some tips on how to do Piety more efficiently. Whether it be a few respec points, switching to Detonate Dead (I've heard is only really good at mid/high maps?), slightly new gear, whatever else. I don't (can't) want to spend too much on this guy... but would love if there is a semi-easy way to do some Piety better.

Current tree:

Current gear: (some of it is really trash)
Spoiler
And an Anvarius, but somebody is borrowing that for now

I forget exactly, but I have somewhere around 220 rarity. No quantity at the moment :( have some q gear, but since I go solo I tend to keep my resist/life stuff on.
Any help would be awesome. Vaal is fine and everything, but of course it would be nice to run Piety at times.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcFWwagEmkVIBZvFxwY2xmFGjgabB8CJKoo-ilPKaUqEypNLKcs6S0fMtE1kjbFNtg26TrYPydBh0WdRtdKyEyzTdhOKlXGWfNbr13GYG1sFm0ZbqpxeXTxeqqCHoKbgseD24Uyh2WIG4jxi4yMdo9GkFWYrZrgnC2drqPypwinhLUEtfK3PriTwBrB88MTznHPZdDQ2CTbC90N3fPhc-Nq5CLr7uw47FXtIO-F8935vfno_Ev-Cg==

i used this tree (ur totems will die faster but iron wood is really expensive cluster, and u can recast them all the time). at the same time get a random 300+ es shield and some armor/evasion/es hybrid armor/boots/helm until u got enough mana (unreserved 1k)

it is matched for your level, next 4 points into thick skin life nodes right of iron reflexes

MoM will help survivability greatly and u can run arctic armor (just activate @ big crowds if u ccant sutain yet) - titty bitches will deal zero dmg to you.

ofc u need maxed all res. if u get better gear u can also do dominus without dying too much, or not at all at some point.

i used 5link searing bond with minion and totem resistance, item rarity, empower(or faster casting if u dont have) inc burning damage, to counter the loss of the iron wood cluster. the +2 gems is not needed for piety imo and only really shines if u have a high lvl empower also. just use a random % fire/ele dmg weapon or one with resist like aurum vorax if u really need them.

well this would require a respec. if u dont want to do any of this, this is my best hint on this without knowing more about ur playstyle:

for piety searing bond is very good, just make sure to kill all the blue "power nodes" if she casts them, because the cold arrow form is the only one which can kill u and she will not be able to use it if u instantly place a totem on them on appearing (blue ones, just leave the orange ones as she is least dangerous in her melee form and will always charge ur totems) (cheap trick)
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 14, 2014, 3:03:29 PM
"
MDGeizt wrote:

Thank you for the hints! I'll see how many respecs and regrets I have... might be worth it to get better farming going. Much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info