Settings not saving (will be a rare occurance)

It looks like the game client can not save your settings and preferences if your My Documents folder is being redirected to a network server. I've seen this in another game or 2, but most work fine. Not sure what more to suggest in the way of fix.

Thanks for the great game. For now, I'll just redo my keybinds every time I launch.
"
frymaster wrote:
as a workaround:

Create "Path of Exile" folder in "My Documents\My Games\". Go into this folder in file explorer, click on the address bar, and make a note of the full address

Go to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile" folder.

You should see a half-baked attempt at mimicking your redirected documents folder structure there. So for example, my documents are at "\\VORKOSIGAN\folders$\frymaster\My Documents" and I had a folder structure that went "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\VORKOSIGAN\folders$\frymaster\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile"

Move this to the root of the drive (so in my case I end up with "C:\VORKOSIGAN\folders$\frymaster\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile" and delete the empty "Path of Exile" directory

Open up a command prompt and navigate to the "My Games" folder of this new structure.

Type:

"
mklink /d "Path of Exile" "that address you made a note of in step one"

(the quotes are important)

What that does is make a symlink (symbolic link, a special marker that tells the file system to go somewhere else) so that when the failcode tries to access your documents in totally the wrong place, it'll instead get sent on to the proper place. Tested and working for me, but it's a workaround, not a fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info