Account banned, Support does not answer

Hello!

I have an open case since 8 days. Support sent an automated message on the first day. But nothing else since that so far. I tried to contact with them, but they keep ignoring me.
Last edited by Support on Apr 14, 2014, 5:41:17 PM
Full account investigations take a while and yours is not the only one. Sending more emails just slows down the system. The only thing to do is have some patience and wait until they get back to you.

P.S. And it's never a good idea to post any details on a public forum, e.g. email addresses (there's a good reason Support won't discuss bans or ask for account information here). ;-)
"
Alysma wrote:
Full account investigations take a while and yours is not the only one. Sending more emails just slows down the system. The only thing to do is have some patience and wait until they get back to you.

P.S. And it's never a good idea to post any details on a public forum, e.g. email addresses (there's a good reason Support won't discuss bans or ask for account information here). ;-)

Ok i edited but, dude 8 days ? seriously?
"
larson6733 wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:

Ok i edited but, dude 8 days ? seriously?

Yes and possibly longer, the support staff number 40 or less they are dealing with more people than just you and those that deal with bans and account investigation number even less(you would be lucky if there was 10).

FYI it took them well over a week to sort some tickets out at the start of open beta and the official launch just because of the amount of help requests.

They won't respond to any other message other than the first one and sending more and pestering them slows them down.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Pardon, in your words, it seems the bad guy is me.

Let me explain a bit:
1) They answers only in autmated messages.
2) Should I be satisfied, that he famous support team only say a "sorry" after they investigates my account for like 1-2 week and turns out im not guilty? seriously for real? Not any compensation, ANY ?
3) The most important and fun fact, they don't know the exact reason, REALLY? How is this happen? They ban people first, than it took 1-2 week to find a reason? Maybe it is me who thinks this a retarded way which is find a reason, check it, then ban with the exact reason, not ban, then lets find a reason.
4) I play other games, and even if i have any problem the support answers in 24h, WoW,CoD, even in the frickin Fifa 14. So apologize my sins, that im unpatient with a support who behave like this.
"
larson6733 wrote:
Pardon, in your words, it seems the bad guy is me.

Let me explain a bit:
1) They answers only in autmated messages.
2) Should I be satisfied, that he famous support team only say a "sorry" after they investigates my account for like 1-2 week and turns out im not guilty? seriously for real? Not any compensation, ANY ?
3) The most important and fun fact, they don't know the exact reason, REALLY? How is this happen? They ban people first, than it took 1-2 week to find a reason? Maybe it is me who thinks this a retarded way which is find a reason, check it, then ban with the exact reason, not ban, then lets find a reason.
4) I play other games, and even if i have any problem the support answers in 24h, WoW,CoD, even in the frickin Fifa 14. So apologize my sins, that im unpatient with a support who behave like this.

don't know where you got me thinking you were the bad guy but whatever.

1. they never answer in automated messages, you may get a generic reply but i'll guarantee you that it was typed out by a person.

2. supposition based one? paranoid hate filled idiocy on the forums? unless you have an actual reply from support supporting their initial banning i don't know why you mentioned it...there are plenty of cases where IF the person was innocent he was unbanned, the ones that were kept banned are ones that scream about it not only because the did something wrong but most likely spent money doing so, so of course they try to protest their innocence.

And compensation for what? if they believe you MAY have broken the ToS even if it's a false flag they are perfectly within their rights to ban you permanently or temporarily.

3. they do know the exact reason, they won't tell you however just in case you are a hacking scumbag and figure out how you were caught and how to work around it(not saying you are though)

4. i doubt you get any response from WoW in 24 hours, even simple things get automated responses and tickets closed for no reason while some tickets can take day or more

You are also comparing this games customer support to CS from Blizzard and EA 2 of the biggest game companies on earth with billions of dollars at their back where as PoE are independent small and don't really have that much to spend...so yeah, go figure on that

You don't need to try prove anything here on the forums, you only make yourself look more guilty to other forum goers, be patient and wait for CS to get back to you.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 14, 2014, 11:29:45 AM
That is why the life is beautiful, everyone has other opinions and they think everything true.

1) You are wrong just trust me.
2) They may have the right for ban everyone whenever they want, but its UNFAIR, compensation for the 1-2 week that you cannot play
3) What could be that big secret not to share with the owner of account ?
4) Maybe in this point you right, they are much bigger companies. But in fact, this means that they have 100 * bigger population in ther games, e.g. in WoW there was 20~ server with full populations, and they always answered my tickets within 24 hours, maybe there you have the bad experience.
Last edited by larson6733 on Apr 14, 2014, 12:39:41 PM
"
larson6733 wrote:
That is why the life is beautiful, everyone has other opinions and they think everything true.

1) You are wrong just trust me.
2) They may have the right for ban everyone whenever they want, but its UNFAIR, compensation for the 1-2 week that you cannot play
3) What could be that big secret not to share with the owner of account ?
4) Maybe in this point you right, they are much bigger companies. But in fact, this means that they have 100 * bigger population in ther games, e.g. in WoW there was 20~ server with full populations, and they always answered my tickets within 24 hours, maybe there you have the bad experience.

1) actually.. lagwin is NOT wrong.

GGG does NOT have automated replies. They never have. All their support and emails are run manually by a support staff member. While they might LOOK automated, they are not. You'll just have to trust us on this one as we have quite a bit more experience and contact with GGG support than you do.

2) Life isn't fair. Haven't you learned that already? If not, maybe now you have. They have no obligation to compensate anyone for anything (other than lost MTX which were paid for). PoE is a free-to-play game. There are no subscription fees. There was no money that was forced to be paid for any services. You losing access to THEIR account for a period if time does not deprive you of anything that is deserving of compensation. They don't compensate for YOUR time.

3) Cheaters and otherwise are always claiming they are innocent. It makes it hard to tell the real cheaters from the people mistakenly banned. That's why they do account investigations. The reason they don't tell you why you were banned if it is upheld is because you could likely be a habitual cheater, and they don't want to give information away that would allow you to determine how you were caught. As lagwin already said. If people know WHY they were banned, they can often figure out HOW, and then that leads to them figuring out how they were caught and makes it easier to circumvent their detection. They keep the reasoning secret to protect the integrity of their system and keep cheaters at bay for a while longer.

You have to remember that cheating is a constant back and forth battle. There is no "winning" it. All you can do is try to get out ahead of the cheaters so slow them down and make it hard for them to get past your protections. By keeping secretive about it, it makes it harder to figure out how the cheaters are getting caught. If they uphold the ban, the have sufficient evidence to prove that you were breaking rules worthy of a ban... either botting, RMT, hacking, or otherwise.

4) Because those companies are larger, they can hire full support centers to handle requests. Like lagwin, I've never received a fast account response. I've received fast responses for things related to PAYMENT to them (where they get money), but in the case of account disputes or other issues, it can take days (or more). In addition to that, Blizzard/EA can hire 100 times the amount of support that GGG can. PoE has well over 3 million players (at last count I saw)... I'm sure it's more now. They're handling ALL that on a VERY small support staff count as lagwin already mentioned. So lets say that WoW has 10 times that amount... they have 100 times the staff.. do the math.
I'm really sorry that it is taking so long for you to hear back about your account. There are only a few support members that are trained in proper account investigation and only these members have the authority to unban your account. We are in the process of training more staff in this area, which should help to reduce the waiting time.

PM me your account name and I will make sure that you are still in the system and that your ticket is being processed.

I can also confirm that we do not ever send out automated replies. A lot of our emails can seem quite formal, but this is more a customer support thing in general. Your email was read by a real person and responded to by a real person.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Hopefully we will have an answer about your account soon.
No longer works at GGG
-
Last edited by larson6733 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:59:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info