Game keeps crashing

Hello, my game keeps crashing like every 30 - 90 minutes. The error message I get is the "pathofexile.exe has stoped working" error message, so I suspect it's not the common "E_OUTOFMEMORY" or "Map Chunk" crash, or any audio related crash. I had those too earlier but following some of the guides here I fixed those problems. The crash always leaves a .WER file in my C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\ .

Here is a paste from the .wer file
http://pastebin.com/NWPi7RGt

And here is my dxdiag
http://pastebin.com/mH0SYiN6

I would greatly appreciate a response, since I already lost 2 hardcore characters because of this crash. :(
Your problem is you have a 32-bit OS, so your system is not able to address all the memory in your system problem.

Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM

So you have 4GB, but 1 whole GB of it is completely wasted (probably because you have a video card with 1GB of video RAM).

Best bet honestly is to upgrade to a 64-bit OS. I have no idea why you are on Windows 7 but using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. The only reason I'd EVER stick with a 32-bit OS is if I was still on XP.

If you're not willing to upgrade to a 64-bit OS, then the only real other options are to use -gc 2 on your shortcut target (or launch options if you use Steam) and to manually edit your production_Config.ini file and set the texture_quality to 2, 3, or 4 (the higher the number the worse the quality, but better on RAM it is).

on the -gc 2 (dash gee cee space two) option, you have to type it exactly correct, so I it's best to just copy/paste what I already typed rather than attempting to type it yourself as a lot of people type it incorrectly and get no results because of it.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 14, 2014, 2:15:37 PM
Thank you for the response. I tried the gc -2, not sure if it helped that much, but I guess there is nothing more to do when my system just sucks.
"
RaP1D wrote:
Thank you for the response. I tried the gc -2, not sure if it helped that much, but I guess there is nothing more to do when my system just sucks.

it's not gc -2.

That's why I made it a point to tell you exactly how it is written and to suggest copy/paste.. because it is something that is VERY often mistyped (such as you have done in this post).

Hopefully you just typed it wrong here, and it is correct on your shortcut.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info