my only wish is 2xShield action

hi, I was theory crafting and came up with a 2xShield build i wanted to try out, but then i found out you can't have 2xShield. you can go dual-wands, dual-sword, dual-mace, dual-dagger, dual-claw but not dual-shield?.

this game, to me, is all about diversity in builds and gear. this would open up for an entirely new metagame

i can see why it would be OP on casters, but if i wanted to go this build http://redd.it/17myce it wouldn't be too OP..
you could make dual-shield viable for certain builds but limiting the skills usable for dual-shielding players
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have wanted to dual wield shields in an RPG for so long, I'm definitely in agreement with this suggestion. It would require tinkering, but opening up new builds like this is a good idea, I think.
dual shields would be AWESOME, as long as the block chance were multiplicative instead of additive.
yes dual-shielding should be multiplicative, as pretty much everything in the game...

i really hope they add this to the game.. i theory crafted like crazy on a dual-shielding char, thinking that everything goes in this game, but no..

really hope a dev sees this thread..
I support this...

definitely seems like something that would fit in this game. Balancing shouldn't be too difficult.
"
glovedust wrote:
dual shields would be AWESOME, as long as the block chance were multiplicative instead of additive.

its already not that hard to get the shield block cap of 75% with one shielding. If the second shield was multiplicative it would be way to easy.
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
glovedust wrote:

its already not that hard to get the shield block cap of 75% with one shielding. If the second shield was multiplicative it would be way to easy.

Very true, however, theres still a potentially cool idea here. I have seen this mentioned around the internet to other ARPG developers, and Im beginning to wonder which developer is going to implement it first.

I know its going to happen one day. Im sure of it. Maybe not here though.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 31, 2013, 3:27:03 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
glovedust wrote:

blocking is capped @75%, we are not asking them to go above 75%, furthermore quality on shields no longer grants block chance, so getting to cap is harder now than it was in CB.

so your argument is invalid
Last edited by sza on Jan 31, 2013, 3:34:17 PM
Hey, its beta, I say enable it and see what happens!

No tweaking, just an experiment. Only thing I could see would the devs would then have to do new animations/models perhaps. That alone would probably be a no-no.

Although, I would say for testing purposes enable it have the model look like it is just wielding one shield even though the player would know they have two. Just to test the mechanics.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Last edited by ThorOtheBIG on Jan 31, 2013, 4:12:12 PM
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
Hey, its beta, I say enable it and see what happens!

No tweaking, just an experiment. Only thing I could see would the devs would then have to do new animations/models perhaps. That alone would probably be a no-no.

Although, I would say for testing purposes enable it have the model look like it is just wielding one shield even though the player would know they have two. Just to test the mechanics.

best idea yet!! i don't need to look cool i just really want to try my build... ASAP..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info