First time encounter "Unable connect to patching server"

I had been playing PoE fine until yesterday, I got disconnected suddenly when running a map and now I still cant connect to game

How to fix this pls ? I tried shortcut method but it doesnt work.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Could you please try running the game as an administrator (you can do this by right-clicking your shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator"), as well as confirming that the PathOfExile.exe is on your exclusion list for both your Antivirus as well as your firewall? It may help to temporarily disable both of them to be sure.

Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Thank for your response

I have just come back from work and didnt do anything, just try running the client again and it works fine.

It s weird.

Really dont know how to fix it if I encounter it again in future. My AV & Firewall dont block the connection and ofc I run as Administrator.
did you have access to the internet while this issue with poe occured?

in case you discover the issue again you can open a dos prompt (type 'cmd' in start/execute field) and enter "ping pathofexile.com", then "tracert pathofexile.com" to see where your connection is broken.

in case the ping command cannot find pathofexile.com, try "nslookup pathofexile.com" to see if you have nameserver issues which prevents your computer to get the ip address of the patching server.

"
cronus wrote:
did you have access to the internet while this issue with poe occured?

in case you discover the issue again you can open a dos prompt (type 'cmd' in start/execute field) and enter "ping pathofexile.com", then "tracert pathofexile.com" to see where your connection is broken.

in case the ping command cannot find pathofexile.com, try "nslookup pathofexile.com" to see if you have nameserver issues which prevents your computer to get the ip address of the patching server.

Thank for your tutorial

I still can access to the internet (I created this thread at that time).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info