Disappeared from the game Steam!!

Why removed the game from Steam for Russian players? And when it become available again? And just when to add donations not only in dollars but also in other currencies steam purses?!
path of exile has never been available in Russia on Steam. If you had it installed, it was either the non-steam web client, or you installed on steam using a hack to fake a different region.

there is no timeframe for when it will be available in Russia on steam. If you want to play poe you need to use the web classic client.
Strangely, before I could play poe through Steam, while I have is my real area. And how about a donation? Will the integration of currencies other than dollars?
You can buy points on the website through PayPal, PaySafe, or Credit Card. I believe the price is still in USD however converted to local currency through the exchange rate at time of purchase.

As I said.. PoE on Steam has ALWAYS been locked for Russia and some other regions. Some people were able to temporarily bypass the region lock by specifying a new URL that tricked the Store into US, but Steam patched that a while ago and now no longer works.

If you have a Steam-only account in Russia, you can Contact Support to get an email attached to it so you can continue the same account on the Website / Classic client.
You can pay with credit card, Paypal and Paysafe Card, and on Amazon. I believe some of those methods do the currency exchange automatically for a small fee. If you can't use those methods, send email to support@grindinggear.com for other ways to transfer money to them in exchange for MTX packs. You will always be able to play PoE from any country using the pathofexile.com launcher.

If you were to visit another country which is not region locked in steam, you could buy the points there with your steam wallet, you would need to change your home address on steam. You would still need to play on the normal game launcher though once you get back to Russia.

The Russian localized version will definitely be made, but there is no word yet on how soon it is to completion.
Last edited by ionface on Apr 14, 2014, 12:32:53 AM
And again... Not a single word from lazy devs :( I am disappointed :P
"
AgnusDei wrote:
And again... Not a single word from lazy devs :( I am disappointed :P

It has nothing to do with "lazy devs".

It has everything to do with "other users can answer the question accurately that there is no need for dev involvement".

ionface and myself have answered the question pretty much identically to what a GGG support rep would say. Why do they need to make their own post as well to say the exact same thing, or say "yup"?

GGG staff is not lazy.. they're some of the best support staff you'll ever find for any game. I'm sorry they aren't meeting your insanely high and ridiculous expectations to post to every post made on the forum.. but they've got better things to do.. especially when it is being properly handled by the community (which is the whole point of the forum).

If they ONLY wanted to handle support requests themselves in private, they wouldn't have a support forum. They'd have a support ticket system. They have a forum because they WANT the community to assist with issues that they can. The community cannot assist with EVERY problem because a lot of problems are account-related and can only be assisted by GGG staff.. and in those instances GGG staff handles it.

So I think you need to re-adjust your expectations.. then you might see that GGG support is awesome and focusing on the important things, and then you won't be disappointed.
GGG has stated these things a few times, we just repeat the information we have from them. If you are that interested in the official GGG answer, perhaps try searching for it yourself using Google. I tried using Yandex in English, but nothing relevant came up.

Chris Wilson is a founder and the CEO of GGG, and a producer and lead designer of PoE: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1osqyx/new_players_from_steam/ccvh5at?context=3
"
I can't talk about it in more detail currently but our longer term plan is to bring PoE to Russia including localisation, appropriate payment methods, local servers, etc.

Here's GGG Support's usual reply:
"
Jared_GGG wrote:
Steam has removed Path of Exile from certain regions. If you have an email address assigned to your account then you will need to download the standalone client to continue playing.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com.

"
Michael_GGG wrote:
The email address supplied by Jared is to the Grinding Gears support email. Path of Exile on Steam is unavailable in certain regions due to distribution agreements, and this is why we sometimes need to change users accounts to operate on the stand-alone client (this is accomplished by emailing us on the address provided).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info