Season Seven, Event 78: 1 Hour Exiles Everywhere

"
hockilla wrote:
GGG Staff, this race was fun before patching into the latest one that grants exiles vaal skills. Rolled 3 chars within a period of about 30 min, none of whom made it past the coast. The problem is a combination of exiles who are far too powerful early (igna phoenix literally outside town at coast accounted for my last death) and the density of exiles in a given area (second death was caused by triple Greyfur's permafreezing with vaal cold snaps with at least two other exiles running around as well). This mode was tough pre patch but almost everyone in our guild thought it was fair and, most importantly, fun. As it stands with the current patch this mode is the new FBLMPT (or whatever the acronym was) from last season- borderline unplayable because surviving is COMPLETELY about luck of spawns. Some possible adjustments:

-Spread out the exiles! This should happen regardless. There's absolutely no reason half a dozen exiles should be spawning next to each other, particularly in the early areas.
-Limit which exiles can appear where and/or limit the powers they have by level- this is already the case with their auras, so also apply same concept to vaal skills as well
-Adjust the awards for the race to be given regardless of whether the race char is alive at the end: there are simply too many exiles that can "cheap" kill players. Actually, just adjust the exile powers period - I'm talking specifically about Minara Anemina's vaal skeletons and corpse explode and Igna Phoenix - no life cost righteous fire.

Thanks for reading.

I had many of the same thoughts the first time I ran an EE race. My opinion changed quickly when I got lucky on drops during another race and was able to try a very different method than usual.

It is now the same method I use on most races, especially the EE races.

Much of the stuff above can be dismissed once you find your own routine.

Spreading the exiles out and limiting the number would make the race too easy. Everyone could simply kite all of the rogues and take them all out one at a time. This would remove a lot of the strategy from the event, in my opinion.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Apr 14, 2014, 2:13:19 PM
GGG as a new racer this is one of the most fun races I have been in. Something where there is not as much of a predefined strat that people have practiced and raced many times creates much more even of a field. People complain that they die from off screen, but there is a way to see and avoid every exile by being careful with movement and screen space; this race does not need a rework.
Thanks for the Tabula RNGesus, it will rot in my standard stash but it's the thought that counts.

The latest races are much more fun than the ones with the weak exiles. Before you had people MFing them and trying to farm Tabula Rasas, now it's just old-fashioned carnage. I like having the overpowered exiles in this race, people who can't handle them just need to get some common sense. I was able to make top 10 and I'm a mediocre racer at best.

P.S.: I wore no unique items and only had 25 dps.
Last edited by empressaria on Apr 14, 2014, 2:16:27 PM
Spoiler
account number 2
ITT: So much tears. This is a race for fun, and it is fun. You have to try different strategies and play differently than you normally do. For me that means absolutely avoiding Xandro and Flameblast guy. Everyone else I tend to take on multiples of them at once with no issues once I get going. I recommend abusing instance resets and having an exit game macro if you're going to consider playing this race again.
"
Sairis wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
flameblast oneshot from a screen away gg

same here...they have to nerf it some way, he's getting stages of flameblast extremely fast and like if its not enough he's 1 shotting offscreen
"
Haias wrote:
"
Sairis wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
flameblast oneshot from a screen away gg

same here...they have to nerf it some way, he's getting stages of flameblast extremely fast and like if its not enough he's 1 shotting offscreen

A stage 3 flameblast only did 150 damage to me, it is balanced :^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info