is POE dead?

AWWWWW how adorable.
"
stormyknight wrote:

Says one of the biggest trolls and naysayers on the forum.

I can hardly be the biggest naysayer on the forum, because I participate in very few of the topics. And those are in need of a different point of view, even if it looks/is negative.

By the way, even if I am the biggest naysayer on the forum, how is that a decent counter to you seeking attention like a schoolboy? See how I've excluded being a troll, because I'm not a troll in any sort of way, that's just your lame excuse for a shitty counter.
Either learn what is the meaning of calling someone a troll, or just don't lie and come up with something better, more realistic.

And I do hope that you're enjoying the attention so much needed.
The game might not be dead but look at the kind of fucktards that are left.
To respond to the original question, the answer is: Yes, in 1849.

This game, however, is not dead or near dead. You'll notice global is 24/7 showing new people constantly introducing or asking questions. Many 80+ players are still seen in merciless, Act 3. Normal act 1 is still generally full of both rerolls and a few new players each day.

Because this game is totally unadvertised, it is still totally unknown by even many D3 players. Seriously, I keep up on forums, Metacritic and have friends who loved D2 and have done web searches for games like D2, like, forever, due to hating the cookie cutter nature of D3. However, I just found this game a few months ago from a mention in a random post in a Diablo 3 expansion forum mentioning Kripp and PoE.

Having been hooked in, I would say the only flaw in the game to me is there is nothing really accomplished once you've completed a season and everything gets dropped into standard league never to be played again.

I have said this in the past, but it bears repeating, I feel this game has all the base components and hard work done, it just needs some more individual goals to go for that give status rewards that can be shown off years down the road.

My original idea was in game nobility ranks that could be toggled off both before and after one's character name. The surname would be based upon when one dies first after creating and could be unappealing for most but a mark of nobility for other extreme players.

This one minor coding point could add a whole new dynamic to the game and end goals. People would be able to plan builds around trying to become a Baron within a league by building to at least go deathless to cruel act 1. It's kind of like a Hardcore lite that within most people's reasonable expectation of accomplishing. Years from now on standard you can always bust out that Duke or Baron tagged from a specific league with Hardcore added if you did it in hardcore.

Another idea for long term life is a remort system of some kind where a standard character can have several passive skills locked in and then rerolled from level 1 into a new league. For the new league, they would not have access to old skills and would play just like any other character but upon dropping back into standard could have access to a few passives not connected to their main tree.

Because this type of game has no limits, you can go as far as allowing high level characters to then be transformed into a 3 skill character choice in a league of legends type 5 vs 5 battleground system. In this model of 2 games in one, all your work spent on gearing and building each season would add to your personal pool of a LoL type game integrated into PoE.

So, the game is not dead, but the sky is the limit on where it can be taken by breaking the Blizzard mold
"Are the PoE forums dead"

Meanwhile this subpar topic got 6 pages quite fast.
"
The game might not be dead but look at the kind of fucktards that are left.

+1000000000
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
stormyknight wrote:

Says one of the biggest trolls and naysayers on the forum.

I can hardly be the biggest naysayer on the forum, because I participate in very few of the topics. And those are in need of a different point of view, even if it looks/is negative.

By the way, even if I am the biggest naysayer on the forum, how is that a decent counter to you seeking attention like a schoolboy? See how I've excluded being a troll, because I'm not a troll in any sort of way, that's just your lame excuse for a shitty counter.
Either learn what is the meaning of calling someone a troll, or just don't lie and come up with something better, more realistic.

And I do hope that you're enjoying the attention so much needed.

"
mazul wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
invasion sucked

Good thing we have Ambush then, yeah? =^[.]^=

There is a major problem with only Ambush being good:

This game is supposed to be "hardcore" and only appeal to "niche" crowd. That niche are those who are willing to play hardcore 4-month leagues. Now that so many stop playing invasion, there is no justification in PoE attempting to be "hardcore" and appeal to a "niche" crowd.

That should really start an existential crisis or put PoE in a state of denial.

It is also funny how Ambush is basically Standard league but with a touch towards Diablo 3: namely increased "focused" drop rates. The game that people state they do not want to compete with, because they attract different crowds.

So, in summation:

Invasion is TOO "Hardcore," and,

Ambush is too casual.

Can't please anybody. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
lolbam wrote:
"
No.

There, happy?

Okay. :)

if its not dead why dont u have anyone in the top 15k of any of the leagues?

do u play?

if it's not dead why u play ambush brah

do u play brah?

lol dis logic, slippery slope into dickmeasuring land
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 13, 2014, 10:41:33 AM
Yeah PoE is totally dead, I'm solo on the EU server. Now stop making these shitty threads every day, boring.
Last edited by Minorith on Apr 13, 2014, 10:51:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info