Account Stolen

"
Chris wrote:
I completely agree that restoring deleted characters would be really useful. We're changing over to a system of soft-deletes rather than hard-deletes so that we can do this in the future. I'm sorry that it's not in yet.

Edit: The bug where players log in to the wrong account only affected people queued on a login server where that login server had also crashed. We have a fix for this that we are implementing and will test/build/deploy soon.

Your news, with other words you failed in security and those who were affected by your (GGG not you personally) mistake just left as is?

So with other words you could also say you encourage theft, due to not removing the items / giving them back to owners, and allowing to freely trade them?
lol u prolly used this ...

your damn fault quitcha bitchin'
Last edited by Julia_GGG on Apr 10, 2013, 9:19:25 PM
I think that maybe you are expecting too much.

There are many finished boxed games on sale that contains bugs that deletes or corrupts your save games. Sometimes you buy a game that is impossible to finish until the devs put out a patch.

This game is in BETA (actually entered open beta one week ago), and some bugs/crashes/annoyances are expected. When the game reaches "gold" status I expect most bugs to be ironed out.

If you want a game without any bug at all, your only option is to turn off the pc.
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
"
Kelderoth wrote:

Your news, with other words you failed in security and those who were affected by your (GGG not you personally) mistake just left as is?

We rapidly turned the servers off, fixed the problem and repaired the damage.

"
Kelderoth wrote:

So with other words you could also say you encourage theft, due to not removing the items / giving them back to owners, and allowing to freely trade them?

We don't have the resources, manpower or technology to investigate theft that comes from people losing their passwords to phishing mails, keyloggers in cheat programs, external fansite database compromises, etc. We do have to improve people's awareness of all the ways that attackers can try to steal their passwords. I hope that we'll make big strides on that in the coming days.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Kelderoth wrote:

"
Kelderoth wrote:

We don't have the resources, manpower or technology to investigate theft that comes from people losing their passwords to phishing mails, keyloggers in cheat programs, external fansite database compromises, etc. We do have to improve people's awareness of all the ways that attackers can try to steal their passwords. I hope that we'll make big strides on that in the coming days.

Well you shouldn't just make an assumption towards this theft coming from outside and not from the inside. But that's a standard reply so ok, I understand.

There is no point in this discussion being prolonged much further, I will live with your choices and it's fine by me. It's your game and you are indeed free to decide how you handle such issues, I just can point out I'm disapointed.

It's still a great game though and I enjoy playing it. So by now I got enough gear thanks to my m8ts helping out and can proceed farming maps in merciless.
I just hope this situation won't happen again, just because I'm pretty sure it was not my fault.
I don't won't to accuse you directly, but I never got hacked for past 10 years before now, 1 week after PoE hits open beta. It's ok, there is always the first time, but it's painfull to learn it that way, losing almost everything and not even getting a reply on my several pm's, or email towards your support and you personally.
Just talking this through in a public forum thread with a not really fitting topic.

Still, thank you for your reply and I hope that I can still enjoy and invest lots of time in your great "Diablo 3.5" game :)

"
Chris wrote:
"
Kelderoth wrote:

"
Kelderoth wrote:

A great step towards better security would be to implement a two-step authentication option. GW2 uses Google's Authenticator, I use Google's Authenticator for ssh on some of my machines, it would probably be the easiest (and cheapest) two-step authentication option to implement on PoE. Plus, you wouldn't need to develop authentication apps: there are many compatible apps available for every smartphone platform.

Think about it. <3
<3
I would dearly love an authenticator option, and be glad to pay a annual fee even for a physical one if that was the best option.
"
Kelderoth wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Kelderoth wrote:

"
Kelderoth wrote:

Well you shouldn't just make an assumption towards this theft coming from outside and not from the inside. But that's a standard reply so ok, I understand.

There is no point in this discussion being prolonged much further, I will live with your choices and it's fine by me. It's your game and you are indeed free to decide how you handle such issues, I just can point out I'm disapointed.

It's still a great game though and I enjoy playing it. So by now I got enough gear thanks to my m8ts helping out and can proceed farming maps in merciless.
I just hope this situation won't happen again, just because I'm pretty sure it was not my fault.
I don't won't to accuse you directly, but I never got hacked for past 10 years before now, 1 week after PoE hits open beta. It's ok, there is always the first time, but it's painfull to learn it that way, losing almost everything and not even getting a reply on my several pm's, or email towards your support and you personally.
Just talking this through in a public forum thread with a not really fitting topic.

Still, thank you for your reply and I hope that I can still enjoy and invest lots of time in your great "Diablo 3.5" game :)

What I notice that you pretty much blame GGG for something you're lost ingame.

This might be true but considering they are a professional company with system administrators that know a thing or two about security the chance PoE was compromised is just very small.

Seeing the average level of security on user/player computers it's much much more likely that the problem is located somewhere there.

And for any company with such a large player base its really not possible to do in-depth client troubleshooting. I believe if you wish to be taken seriously that you do everything on your end to single out that your system is not the one causing the problem.

Run your current anti-virus and a web-based one followed by anti-spyware software.

Post the results of these scans and we will at least know we are troubleshooting on a clean system.
I would just like to point that after several antivirus scans ad-awares and such I found 0 threats, I even removed my HDD to another computer and re-scanned without any further threats, I also remembered that the password I used for PoE was unique and since I had tick remember password I never had to put it again so it is kinda impossible someone got my password when I never wrote it for like 2 months, so probably it wasn't keylogged but someone just exploited the servers or the login packets.

This is the game I like to play and I will continue to play even having a lvl 62, 2 48's, 1 30, deleted and it is just disappointing theres no measures against these hackers neither support on behalf of the victimized players.

I know theres a lot to handle by GGG right now but I also think not being prepared for such thing kinda disappoints me on a game that so far hadn't disappoint me in any aspect.
Standard IGN : ObIivious
Anarchy IGN : SuckySuckyBoomBoom , Sunfreakz
"
Kelderoth wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Kelderoth wrote:

"
Kelderoth wrote:

Beta is beta, live with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info