Something went wrong. This page will be automatically refreshed in a moment.

"
f3rret wrote:
"

Interesting to note is the without buyouts part. Everyone only trades with buyout it seems though, how will that affect the new trading system?

I read the "without buyouts" as meaning "no automatic purchases, if you want to trade you are still going to have to meet up in-game."

You didnt read the part where it says you can trade with people who are offline? They are anti buyout not anti offline trading it seems.
Buy out option would allow automated programs to constantly purchase top items for
"b/o range x-y"
And then proceed to sell for profit.

Flipping is allowed, but it requires investment and dedication to pull of and some knowledge of the game/current meta.(which again allows a flipper to get "burned" on a purchase)

Really it's normal for GGG to not support this concept. While still allowing offline purchases since American's want to trade with Europeans and vice versa.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
f3rret wrote:
"

Interesting to note is the without buyouts part. Everyone only trades with buyout it seems though, how will that affect the new trading system?

I read the "without buyouts" as meaning "no automatic purchases, if you want to trade you are still going to have to meet up in-game."

You didnt read the part where it says you can trade with people who are offline? They are anti buyout not anti offline trading it seems.

I did read that part, but I understood it like you would be able to make offers and then the people would see those when they logged in.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
I did read that part, but I understood it like you would be able to make offers and then the people would see those when they logged in.

And then you'll be able to accomplish the trade without joining the same instance. It says that part too. Which means, somehow or another, people will find a way to bypass the "no buyouts" caveat and signal what price someone needs to offer for them to immediately accept.

Praise rngeesus, we'll finally be 95% of the way to an actual, sensible economy where you can get items you need quickly without a bunch of pointless hassle.

Only thing we'll need after that is a currency auction house before trading is something I'll bother to do.
"
Sayyid wrote:
"

And then you'll be able to accomplish the trade without joining the same instance. It says that part too. Which means, somehow or another, people will find a way to bypass the "no buyouts" caveat and signal what price someone needs to offer for them to immediately accept.

Praise rngeesus, we'll finally be 95% of the way to an actual, sensible economy where you can get items you need quickly without a bunch of pointless hassle.

Only thing we'll need after that is a currency auction house before trading is something I'll bother to do.

And people will RMT even more because b/o basically stands for exorbitant prices by now and that drives people to RMT sites, buying all those ex for some dollarz.

So what would, according to GGGs vision of bartering be everything from 1 alt to 1 mirror turns into 100 ex bought by real moneyz.
"
I respect GGG for sticking to their vision of a barter based game even though people actively work around that.

Bwaahahaa.

Because having currency really sticks to a vision of a barter based game.

They didn't even call them crafting materials, that people then 'worked around' and used as currency.

THEY CALL THEM FKING CURRENCIES!!!
Casually casual.

If GGG introduces a trade system which does not include buyouts, it will be used mostly when poe.xyz.is — the system with buyouts — fails. For example, if the new trade system allows trading with offline users through the forums (and poe.xyz.is doesn't find some way to incorporate that into its own data), then players will check poe.xyz.is first, then if the item is not available now for a decent price, they will fall back on the official trade system.

The concepts of
1) preventing buyout trading behavior and
2) having an open architecture which allows for third-party sites to collect data from PoE,
are mutually exclusive. And in order to fully close the architecture against data collection, you'd have to thwart bots sent to bypass security restrictions. It's a losing battle. Third-party data, and thus buyout structure, will always be possible and therefore exist; the only question is whether to ban users for using it or not.

Also, yes, currency are designed to be currency. They are designed as gambling materials, not as crafting materials, and thus fill essentially the same niche as Diablo 2's gold. Granted, they fill that niche much better, but they are still a currency first, and a crafting material... really never, unless you're either self-found or an extreme no-lifer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2014, 7:37:19 PM
I thought that GGG was against the hoarding of orbs. Weren't they trying to find a way to discourage that behaviour among players?

It's very confusing.
"
"
Sayyid wrote:
"

And people will RMT even more because b/o basically stands for exorbitant prices by now and that drives people to RMT sites, buying all those ex for some dollarz.

So what would, according to GGGs vision of bartering be everything from 1 alt to 1 mirror turns into 100 ex bought by real moneyz.

As opposed to without this function, where someone goes to the RMT site, buys 100 ex, and then ... what, somehow doesn't get the item they were looking for because magically not having a good trade system stops an RMTer from buying things with his RMT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info