How long have you gone without playing POE?

I seem to play PoE in bursts: playing a lot for a few weeks, then very little or not at all for a month or two. Usually depends on other interests and games, work, build ideas, or events like new leagues. It's the only game I do this with, too. Everything else is more like a book: read/play it, finish it, pick up a new one. MMOs aside, but I have been clean of them for the past two years.
"
Mivo wrote:
I seem to play PoE in bursts: playing a lot for a few weeks, then very little or not at all for a month or two. Usually depends on other interests and games, work, build ideas, or events like new leagues. It's the only game I do this with, too. Everything else is more like a book: read/play it, finish it, pick up a new one. MMOs aside, but I have been clean of them for the past two years.

i used to play a huge variety of games but then D2 and UO ate my soul and then WoW came and feasted on the carcass of my mind. Luckily, video games turned away from those designs and turned into dumbed down skinner boxes, which my soul resists. So I start to develop a variety of games I play regularly again, and then PoE. My soul is again forfeit, though more like the streaky-ness of D2 soul devouring rather than the never sated UO.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
LostForm wrote:
i used to play a huge variety of games but then D2 and UO ate my soul and then WoW came and feasted on the carcass of my mind.

UO, D2, and WoW had the same impact on me, and I missed a lot of excellent games. I sometimes feel as jaded (when it comes to video games) as you do, but I manage to find great new games that are worth my time and money. When I finally ditched WoW after eight years, right before MoP was released (if I had stayed, I'd have played another year at least), I started to catch up on games and also got into the very awesome Borderlands 2.

PoE ate up 950 hours, and I'm not even "done" with it, but right now I enjoy other games, like Age of Wonders 3 and the GalCiv3 alpha. Also bought Might&Magic X Legacy when it was on sale the other day. I have just a huge backlog, and not only on the PC (ton of GBA, DS and 3DS games that sit on the shelf, but most of those RPGs and SRPGs are in the 80-150 hours range).

UO, well, UO is the lost love I miss dearly still. It was much more than a game for me, but resembled more like an alternate life, somehow. I'd do stuff like wake up, lumber some wood, kill chickens for feathers, fletch arrows and then spend an afternoon in the City of the Dead (think that is what it was called). Or early on I'd sit in Trinsic and sew skull caps. Or I'd get out my dragon and train magic resist.

UO was ultimately also not great for my actual life (because at the time it felt better than my actual life), but what a game it was! We'll never get something like it again. (I've been keeping an eye on ArcheAge, which looks interesting in an UO kind of way, but need an alpha key.)
Longest break was a the end of CB for me, went awol for 6 months because of work. Since then I tend to take breaks up to a month or two. I am now slowly submerging into one of those breaks but if the new trade system kicks in I'm back again.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info