Nvidia Gtx 760 constant crashes

"
iRoN wrote:
soo i came back to playing after a while and still the same issues with 2.0... wtf T_T

Did you read the thread?

Did you uninstall EVGA Precision X?
yes i read the thread ( in fact i created it)

i don't even use EVGA Precision x // using a Gainward Phantom

and i also moved it to my ssd

I changed only the video card but reformatted my system out of frustration over this shitty crash happening over and over.

the config shows : adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (#0)

EDIT: added some not retarded content to my post
Last edited by iRoN on Aug 3, 2015, 6:27:33 PM
I realize it is your thread, however there has been quite a lot of discussion and suggestion.

Your post did not show any signs of you having done anything other than "coming back".

Usually, it is helpful to post the things you have tried and what their results were.. then we don't have to make assumptions about what you have or haven't done.
sorry didnt mean to come across like a dick :/ (was a little emotional after realizing im still fucked)

edited the post.

Thanks for making a effort in helping man !
Did you ever try resetting your power settings, or reseating the card?

Did you ever try a different power supply or try setting up a separate dedicated power supply for just the 760 by itself?

I have a GTX770 in my machine, and I don't have any issues with the drivers crashing or restarting themselves...the 770 is a slightly more demanding card, but I got a larger PSU to compensate (and to run the other components).

Your PSU should be large enough, but I've seen plenty of cases in the past where even though it says 650w or whatever, that it was only able to under-load throw out 400w because of other issues with the design of the PSU (some PSUs are designed to have 650w or whatever but only over multiple rails, or the like... and didn't handle well when the power was all coming through specific rails).

I can't tell you for sure in your case.. but the driver stopping responding is either a driver issue, a hardware issue, or a configuration issue... like the clock settings or the like.

That's one of the reason I asked about PrecisionX as well.. seems to be conflicting a lot lately, and it can modify clock settings and things...which can easily cause driver unresponsiveness.
Is there a file %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP being generated when the crash occurs?

Can you find related events in your even viewer that shows more information?

I seem to have fixed it via downclocking the memory and clock 4% with afterburner atleast im playing for like an hour allready without any driver crash. Will update after further testing.
false alarm sadly :( but crashes seem to happen less frequently

separate psu for gpu didnt fix it either
I have it too. Specific to POE. Happens with or without fraps/shadowplay/stream just at random it seems. At worse its been three times in a day though...just happened so the wound is still sore. Tempest has no tolerance for BS lol.

Hadnt ripped to it yet so i guess i'll live.
I have a solution for all nvidia card that crash only in path of exile. And that work 100%!!! No need to disable the sound or use software sound (those solution just make the game crash least)But it's pain in the *** to do. You have to roll back to realy old driver. The 314.22 in fact. And you have to edit the inf in the installation files so the driver can be intall with your card. That worked in windows 7 and still work in windows 10. But in windows 10 you have to add a new windows in the inf too , block windows update from updating nvidia driver and install the driver true a special session of windows where you can install unsign driver.

1-you can google 314.22 nvidia driver
2-here how you mode the nv_dispi.inf file http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158

if you need those driver for windows 10 juste (if you don't find it I can sare mine)
3-boot in the special mode that will allow you to install unsign driver http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-do-i-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-win/a53ec7ca-bdd3-4f39-a3af-3bd92336d248?auth=1
4-if that don't work change all ntamd64.6.1 to ntamd64.6.3 (or ntamd64.6.4 ...not sure)in the inf file. I'm not sur that a necessary step...
5-you need to block the nvidia update from windows and fast because it will overwrite your work.

Last edited by elessard84 on Sep 28, 2015, 7:30:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info