Nvidia Gtx 760 constant crashes

"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
Iron you changed something in dxdiag? Because it doesnt show what drivers you have, whos manufacturer of your videocard...

Use autodetcet GPU option http://www.geforce.com/drivers

You bought new PC or you just changed video card? If yes, did you uninstal drivers from old video card?
Go to My Games> Path of exile and find there product_config open it with notepad and post what adapter_name it shows. Delete this file and try to run PoE again.

lucian_22 This is normal for PoE since its very hard for PCs and preloads many resources in real time, so your HDD, RAM, processor always bussy when you play.

dude don't be like everyone else and point the finger at us and say it's our fault.And don't tell me a gtx 760 can't run this game at LOWEST possible settings.I had better performance with my old gtx 280 then with this one now.I'm telling you POE has a problem with this graphic card or the entire 700 series.Or the patch 1.2 has something wrong in it.Forum is full with complains about low fps.

I just can't accept this fact.A graphic card released after this game and can't run it at lowest settings?That's not possible.
Last edited by lucian_22 on Sep 2, 2014, 5:06:20 PM
I'm running a GTX760 on an old E8400 with 8GB DDR2 and SSD and I have no issues running 2560x1080.

I think it's your power supply or the cabling to the card. Power down your system, reseat the card and ensure the auxiliary power cables are not kinked and properly engaged with both the power supply and the card.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
lucian_22 wrote:

dude don't be like everyone else and point the finger at us and say it's our fault.

I sayed that because from the start of beta testing and for now I always see my FPS goes from 10 to 120. And I trying to say you that this game uses to many resources from your HDD making your FPS drop, because not only your GPU determins your FPS, if your HDD is perfowming writing/access file opertaions you will expirience drops in your FPS. And when you go in party and there is much spam of spells especially when they casted for first time youur FPS will go down to the bottom, and you can even see your game freezes for a half second its because it accessing your HDD and other PC hardware. Thats why many users sugesst to use SDD for POE.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
"
lucian_22 wrote:

dude don't be like everyone else and point the finger at us and say it's our fault.

I sayed that because from the start of beta testing and for now I always see my FPS goes from 10 to 120. And I trying to say you that this game uses to many resources from your HDD making your FPS drop, because not only your GPU determins your FPS, if your HDD is perfowming writing/access file opertaions you will expirience drops in your FPS. And when you go in party and there is much spam of spells especially when they casted for first time youur FPS will go down to the bottom, and you can even see your game freezes for a half second its because it accessing your HDD and other PC hardware. Thats why many users sugesst to use SDD for POE.

i do have a 120 gb ssd mate.All my games are there.And like i stated before my pc ran better with my old gtx 280.then with my gtx 760 4gb v2 now.I have same everything i just replaced my graphic card.And i have a Cooler Master GX - 750W Power Supply bronze edition 80 plus.Not older then 6 months.

And like i said i ONLY changed my gpu.I pulled the gtx 280 and replaced it with this gtx 760 nothing else.Before i could run in 6 man party and my fps would not drop under 20.Now with gtx 760 ALONE my fps drops to 8!!

I am/was having this issue.

Not going to upload the DXDIAG. I already gave it to the GGG Support.

So I've actually not crashed (yet).

1) Turn off Shadowplay if you have it on. All of it, even the FPS counter. I had this on.
2) turn the graphics down a bit.

I was running everything max. I turned shadows to low, anti-aliasing to med, Texture QUal: high, Texture Filtering to 2x. I love 16x but maybe it's the issue.

If it's stable I'm going to increase each 1 at a time to find the breaking point.

I didn't think having things at max when it ran rock steady 60fps would be an issue.

But maybe it is an incompatibility with how something is being rendered with the driver and those settings.

I was noticing crashes before when LOTS of effects were happening and thing like the rampage explosions and ice nova's.
Last edited by Cryxx on Sep 5, 2014, 6:03:38 AM
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issues.. even went as far as to reformat.. still keeps crashing playing POE. running a Mjolner build crashes in like 10 mins of play... something less intensive I get an hour give or take. I can run GTA5 on nearly max setting without a hitch..
Uninstall EVGA precixion X if you are using it, it gave my 980 a ton of issues.
same problem with same gtx...
"
kymeimei wrote:
Uninstall EVGA precixion X if you are using it, it gave my 980 a ton of issues.

This. After patching to 2.0, I was constantly crashing.
After uninstalling Precision X, everything is stable now.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
soo i came back to playing after a while and still the same issues with 2.0... wtf T_T
Last edited by iRoN on Aug 3, 2015, 4:38:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info