Languages

Hi again,

I know there are already a lot of threads about this issue, but most of them are olds. Because of this I created this one.

So, my question is; Why GGG don't even invest time in inform about this issue? Being that a very important aspect for all players around the world, and therefore to GGG growth?

I'm a spanish-speaking, and I have several friends that don't play the game due to this "drawback".

I wrote this with all respect to GGG; after all they made an awesome game. And we must to thank them.

Best regards. And sorry for my limited english.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Its not so important since english is being spoken around the world and the english ingame is easy enough for a layman to understand it.

Languages are expensive and they gotta hire the right people and do it for some of the most spoken languages players speak. They might do it in a few years or never, impossible to say.
There are a lot of German speaking gamers which don´t play PoE because it´s English.

But as far as I know there are translations planned for this year, but there is no official statement when exactly.

Maybe someone of the GGG´s can make a statement here.

Personally I would play PoE further in English, even if there´s a German translation, because it scares me to think about how some well known descriptions for the skills and so on would sound in German... ;-)

And you don´t have to speak perfect English to play PoE, it´s enough to understand the skill mechanics, and what each skill does.
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
Last edited by Cowboy28 on Apr 11, 2014, 7:35:49 AM
Yeah, despite English is a basic language, there are some people that don't understand it and hence they don't play the game. Is just ridiculous, but it is so, and if GGG get to translate the game, they sure will have much more popularity.
how much you guys think it cost to translate the game in only 1 language? i personnaly dont know but for a totally free game i dont think the investement would be rentable. people gotta be realistic. and im french and very bad in english
It would be very profitable add other languages, if you bend the game to Spanish insurance quen in a month there will be a million more players
millions more player.... there not even 1MILLION player playing this game, and you think adding spanish will add MULTIPLE MILLION player? read my post about being realistic.... please. adding a new language to this game would cost AT LEAST 50k$ and believe me no amount of spanish player could make it rentable for ggg to do this, just imagine hom many micro transation they would have to sell to pay the convertion from English to spanish or English to french or any language you might think

TRANSLATION ISN'T AN OPTION FOR A FREE TO PLAY GAME.

nothing more to debate.
Last edited by dowset on Apr 13, 2014, 11:07:20 AM
Hopefully have translations for this game soon.
"
Chris wrote:
A large amount of our recent infrastructure work was on supporting international versions of PoE. While this may not directly improve the game experience for English-speaking players, it's both important to expand laterally so that we can fund more development, and also so that you'll be able to invite your friends whose English abilities are weaker than yours. A lot of our European players explain that it's difficult to convince their friends to play with them while the game isn't yet available in a variety of languages. This work is basically complete and performance improvements are a high priority in the near future.

Source

:-)

Yes, more languages equates to more players, which equates to more sales of fuzzy bunny ears.

Of course GGG is heading in that direction. Full voice acting; however, isn't cheap, quick, or easy... and I'm willing to bet that a quality translation of text or subtitles is still an effort, as even cultural considerations need be made... (consider this, many companies have licensed Woody the Woodpecker and come very close to brining to market "Internet Pecker" and "_ Woody" products... and apparently KFC "Finger licking good" was translated more as "eat your fingers off" when brought to Chinese...

I learned the hard way, in Australia, that you don't "root" for a team. And by hard way, I mean completely ignored the snafu and continued repeating it every chance I got. You're welcome Australian National University.

http://99designs.com/customer-blog/lost-translation-can-learn-4-epic-cultural-design-fails/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=root
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Oct 28, 2014, 12:04:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info