checking resources 8hrs+ and connecting 8hrs+

MY gf and I were going to start playing PoE and she downloaded and started playing the game just fine, I downloaded the game, and started the game from the shortcut, the screen comes up checking resources, 2 hours later I go to bed, 6 hour later.... still checking resources... closed the screen, and tried to reopen PoE by the shortcut. now it says connecting, 8 hours later.... still connecting... closed and am still trying to get the game to start, I have an HP Envy m6 with an AMD10 and Windows 8. Other people said running the game in windows 8 wasn't a problem. Any ideas or feedback would be very much appreciated.

Yes, her and I are playing on the same household internet, so it won't be the router, connection speeds or any of that.

Thanks, Mike

P.S. Also going to attempt to run in the Windows XP and the windows 7 compatibility modes.
I have also noticed when i click on the PoE window, i get typing cursor in the upper left hand corner.
Last edited by driftdemon on Jan 31, 2013, 9:59:33 AM
Hi! I'm new to the game as well (just heard about it yesterday) and I'm having the same issue.

EDIT (Feb. 2):

So it turns out that I just had to wait ~45 minutes before the game started downloading. Everything has gone smoothly since.
Last edited by Aramatheis on Feb 2, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info