Imagine Titanfall with PoE's netcode

it would be hilarious.

you are in an open field when suddenly you die in a nuclear blast as 11 titans appear out of nowhere and blast you into oblivion
"
it would be hilarious.

you are in an open field when suddenly you die in a nuclear blast as 11 titans appear out of nowhere and blast you into oblivion

Titanfall is an ARPG now?
2spooky4me
yeah that sounds pretty POE to me LOL. CBF playing POE when I have to stop, open the micro transaction screen, unsummon pet, resummon pet, then close micro transaction screen because my pet dissapeared at random. I paid good money for that pet Kiwi that has not worked since day 1 (over a f@#$ing year ago). What a ripoff!!
You should really not play HC if you cant deal with deaths. I said this so many times you only an HC player if you go right back when you die. Btw may I recommend you change you name to "standardPro"?:D
nah he's trying to take the piss about desync, funnily enough it seems that BF4 has desync problems and wouldn't you know it the same "durr netcode" shit keeps popping up.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
nah he's trying to take the piss about desync, funnily enough it seems that BF4 has desync problems and wouldn't you know it the same "durr netcode" shit keeps popping up.

You should see the netcode in Planetside 2 :) Oh boy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Meh, I'd rather imagine if Titanfall was actually fun.
I like how everyone mentions 'netcode' like they know what they're talking about.

There is no such thing as 'netcode', there is a software project that deals with intricate requirements, tradeoffs, optimizations and like any good piece of software its layered into different sections of responsibility.

The part that actually communicates over over the internet may be the least bit involved with issues you see such as desync, responsiveness. That had to do with requirements/game mechanics that were probably implemented on a more abstract logic layer.

Also saying take one game's 'netcode' into another is like saying lets try to fit wheels on a plane and see if it flies better - neat idea but wrong use case.
"Hey theah, this is Chris WIlson from Grinding Geah Gaimes. This week Oih'd like to talk to you aboaut using a regal Ohb on youh Tyrannical Tornadoh wand af Destruction! Today is youh daaay and I am answering your prayahs!"
Last edited by crazytrain411 on Apr 10, 2014, 10:02:44 AM
Uhhh, most airplanes have wheels. It's how they land on the ground.

It kinda sounded like maybe you knew what you were talking about until that.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
Uhhh, most airplanes have wheels. It's how they land on the ground.

Yes, but it's not how they fly.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info