Viable build for quick high damage output, life regen, and life leech?

Just recently started playing POE (Lvl 15 Marauder atm) and I love how I can contemplate different options for my skill tree during work!

Looking for advice from those who know what they're talking about.

I have two skill gems that I'm enjoying right now:
1)Ground Slam: Great for AOE
2)Glacial Hammer: Great for single target

My goal right now is to be able to dish out lots of damage and at the same time have lots of life, life regen, and life leech.

I also want to be able to try to have as quick a hit as possible. Should I try to aim for a Dual Wield build then?

So my build now:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAG0VQUFW1WGNfP3uMjM-Ov57NpzDBBMbY9kj3vg==

Considering progressing to this for now:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_e4wbRY6_wQRVtZ7NpzD3vhRxDjw6Ut-_hmBWBGFSMglgiCi1705AoAUtYEt673TthO9eExvIQzHfb10AVamXtKy6xFgn1UGq-Ov3MnKpfNk=

Major passive skills I'm aiming for:
-Resolute Technique: mainly for more effective life leech
-Blood Magic: should be a core aspect of this build
-Berserking: 15% IAS should definitely help out with dishing out damage and life leeching
-Ice Bite: so that my Glacial Hammer (and perhaps Ground Slam?) can benefit from the 30% increase in damage

How viable is this potential build offensively and defensively? Should I modify?
Bump. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Let me try and help here since my build has everything you want, except really fast attacks. In my opinion, you cannot get all that. Huge life, huge dmg, yes. But not with fast attacks.

Unless you count faster attacks support gem as fast enough ^^

My build is http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZ2WFXDZHO0iGezacw974UIFBHAec26DpShmBWBGFSMgmfy2CIKLXvTkCgIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUFLWBLeu907aLqEuFbr90N_MU6szWGuc2dqmegh3ZKfXuMIQIq9iFVOQ5Z88AakFWnhBo47Dg62C3SV-IyiQSzFE2paKIA8B8CcQ==

The thing to note here is that it may seem that the damage is not there. Just grab a 100%+ increased physical damage 2h weapon for your level(starting from cruel) and you are all set damage wise. It can be a blue one, no problem.

Also, try getting determination aura and grace aura up as fast as you can(once you have Iron Reflexes). It will completely negate the lack of armor nodes in this build.

Also, the best thing you can use for single target is Heavy Strike + melee phys dmg and added fire damage support gems.

For multiple targets support gems are the same just there is your choice of sweep, leap strike or ground slam (ground slam is the safest one, followed by leap strike, sweep is when you are overgearing/overlevelling the content). When you can, add life leech gem or faster attacks gem to the combination.

Last edited by Balsha on Jan 31, 2013, 7:30:56 PM
Thanks for taking the time, Balsha.

Why 2H over DW though?

Wouldn't DW mean weapons with faster attack speeds which means more life leach?

I also have no idea how to get these auras you speak of.

If anybody else can chime in as well it would be awesome.
Mate, Balsha's build is the best sort of idea, theres several similar builds to this going round, I'm only level 41 but playing similar build (2Handed maul, ground slam, heavy strik/glacial hammer) and it seems much better than my same level DW duelist. Don't actually know why 2Hand works MUCH better than duel wield, so I can't explain that one for you but just check out the default/hardcore ladder, and check that Mouze along with other same build 2H Mara's are at the very top of the leader board - so it obviously is working at higher levels. Try searching for Mouze' post within the Marauder forum. Hope this helps!
Well then I'm glad I asked! Guess it'll be a nice change to use a 2H (bar Skorn) for D3. Thanks, guys.

Hopefully GGG realizes this and makes DW a more viable option for the Maras...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info