Iron Reflexes

" Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour

Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating "

Does this mean that Dexterity doesn't supply Evasion Rating, even for the purposes of Armour? I'm trying to figure that out, but it appears that's the case because of the similar-yet-different wording on Eldritch Battery:

" Converts all Energy Shield to Mana "

... and no mention of Intelligence providing no bonus to Energy Shield. Is this actually what "Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating" means in the Keystone?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Iron Reflexes and Eldritch Battery are different. With IR, you lose the 'increased Evasion Rating' bonus that is usually granted by Dexterity. With Eldritch Battery, you *do* still get an ES bonus from Int, which will apply to any converted ES you have.
Exactly as the previous poster said. I'll just give an example:

You have
50% Increased Energy Shield from 250 INT
50% Increased Evasion Rating from 250 DEX

You get Eldritch Battery with Discipline giving 400 bonus ES
You gain 400*(1 + Increased Mana + 50% Increased ES from INT + Increased ES from Passives) Mana

You get IR with 1400 Evasion from Grace
You gain 1400*(1 + Increased Armour + Increased Evasion NOT from DEX (equips and passives) + Increased Evasion and Armour (those hybrid ones near Duelist)) Armour
Alright, odd mechanic to throw in... I can see it being overly utilized if players got the full use out of Dex increases from Evasion, but it still feels like it should have some effect, like 50% effectiveness from all sources instead of 0% from Dex and 100% from the others... But okay, at least now I know.

It felt odd, so I assumed initially it was just insisting that Evasion Rating wouldn't increase regardless of the 5% Evasion that you still maintain after getting Iron Reflexes, but apparently this isn't the case.
"
Altemeus wrote:
Alright, odd mechanic to throw in... I can see it being overly utilized if players got the full use out of Dex increases from Evasion, but it still feels like it should have some effect, like 50% effectiveness from all sources instead of 0% from Dex and 100% from the others... But okay, at least now I know.

It felt odd, so I assumed initially it was just insisting that Evasion Rating wouldn't increase regardless of the 5% Evasion that you still maintain after getting Iron Reflexes, but apparently this isn't the case.

GGG in their wisdom decided that because no-one was using evasion they should nerf iron reflexes . I think its telling that even after they nerfed IR twice most people are still using it over evasion, Not because IR is so strong but that evasion is so weak.

To clarify by "weak" i mean viable in end game content.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Apr 16, 2014, 2:47:10 PM
For the sake of basic Armour, too. Can't pump it up with Grace and basic tax nodes, can you. That and hybrid armor types getting +10% base stats (tribrid gets +24%~).

It's still pretty gorram strong. You can get to ~15,000 armour with a little bother, which cuts 1250 damage hits in half. Should be viable to leech through Piety's Siege Mode with that much.
"
maxor wrote:
"
Altemeus wrote:

GGG in their wisdom decided that because no-one was using evasion they should nerf iron reflexes . I think its telling that even after they nerfed IR twice most people are still using it over evasion, Not because IR is so strong but that evasion is so weak.

To clarify by "weak" i mean viable in end game content.
what you mean to say is that they in their wisdom realized the Eva gear was significantly more powerful than Armour gear in terms of defenses thanks to eva bonus from dex, to the point where IR was the primary Armour build.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info