I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
nightblade157 wrote:
Another thing I am not liking about D3 is that how in public t1+ games, almost every char is either a wizard or crusader. With the occasional demon hunter and barb thrown in.

I almost never get to see monks/witch doctors.

Not to mention that almost every wizard is a frozen orber and every crusader is a hammerdin.

They nerfed the overpowered Frozen Orb wizard spec in the latest patch, so we'll likely see less wizards :p.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:
Another thing I am not liking about D3 is that how in public t1+ games, almost every char is either a wizard or crusader. With the occasional demon hunter and barb thrown in.

Not to mention that almost every wizard is a frozen orber and every crusader is a hammerdin.

They nerfed the overpowered Frozen Orb wizard spec in the latest patch, so we'll likely see less wizards :p.

did they? must have missed it in the patch notes.

Not to say I was playing one myself lol :P

I have been finding a lot more legendaries since the patch though.
Last edited by nightblade157 on Apr 9, 2014, 12:54:45 PM
"
nightblade157 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:

did they? must have missed it in the patch notes.

Not to say I was playing one myself lol :P

I have been finding a lot more legendaries since the patch though.

Yeah massive whine about in forums lately. Just like we had people crying about smoke mine nerf here.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
dealer13 wrote:
d3 has a script where it "rewards" players with some legendary item every two (or so) hours of gameplay. in that case you are swimming in items which is cattering towards two types of people: 1) casuals; 2) american alike types who want everything while doing nothing.

poe doesnt shower you in loot which means you either trade or keep farming maps while trying to manage your currency efficiently. in this case when you get an item superior to your current one, you are actualy rewarded for your invested time in order to get it in any of the two aforementioned ways which is cattering towards two types of people: 1) nolifers and hardcore people alike; 2) people who are ideologically opposed to that american mentality.

"Make your choice"
John Jigsaw Kramer

That's not "american alike", that's majority of people alike, it has nothing to do with a specific nation.

By the way, you seem to confuse "loot" with good loot. PoE showers players in loot so much more than D3.
And that brings us back to your first conclusion about casuals, which means PoE is even more casual than D3 by your logic.

Nevertheless, neither PoE nor D3 are hardcore, that's just ego feeding.

"
nightblade157 wrote:

That's a double edge blade, again.
The only player that I've been mapping 77/78 maps that used ele spells was Mamba (FP/Fireball). More than half of them were crit Double Strikers with daggers and a good portion were LA/SA archers and PS wanders.
The number of Duelists and Templars in that late endgame was also very low, few of them.

And of course there are loads of Crusaders, it's a new class. Remember Scion?
At least Crusader doesn't glow like he's a special one, plus Scion resembles those Korean anime stuff. They've splashed her tits all over game reviews and other places, which I find just terrible.

"
raics wrote:
Might be some meat on that bone, I remember some players pretty vehemently opposing the idea of health bars, 'breaks immersion', 'looks bad', 'completely unnecessary', 'it's cheating', yappity-yap. Yes, even though they got implemented as completely optional.

Dunno about you but I'm having a hard time spotting players that don't use them now.

That's because floating health bars give an advantage, so they have to be used whether you like them or not.

Same reasoning could be used to give players a button that gives free Kaom's. "Everyone uses it so it's good design."
"
tinko92 wrote:

That's not "american alike", that's majority of people alike, it has nothing to do with a specific nation.

By the way, you seem to confuse "loot" with good loot. PoE showers players in loot so much more than D3.
And that brings us back to your first conclusion about casuals, which means PoE is even more casual than D3 by your logic.

Nevertheless, neither PoE nor D3 are hardcore, that's just ego feeding.

it is american because it came with pop culture and hollywood garbage. as joseph goebbels said "keep repeating a lie to people and they will start to believe in it" thats how it spreads.

and i was talking about loot in general, not if its a good/useless one. idk, i play a game i like the way i like it and idc about anything else. thread like these can exist and be active as long as people want them to, i wont quit poe unless it goes drastically off the road
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Might be some meat on that bone, I remember some players pretty vehemently opposing the idea of health bars, 'breaks immersion', 'looks bad', 'completely unnecessary', 'it's cheating', yappity-yap. Yes, even though they got implemented as completely optional.

Dunno about you but I'm having a hard time spotting players that don't use them now.

That's because floating health bars give an advantage, so they have to be used whether you like them or not.

Same reasoning could be used to give players a button that gives free Kaom's. "Everyone uses it so it's good design."

Well, your comparison is like an ass and a hat, but it is a certain advantage, even though it's not due to info it provides, that particular info was available before too and it's not even terribly useful. The main advantage is knowing enemy position which can be hard in large parties where shit flies left and right and some effects are pretty obstructive (mp flame totem or incinerate, firestorm...). You could say we would have that info too if visuals were more subdued or you could turn them off, so usefulness of health bars would be questionable at best.

So it's more of a quality of life thingy, it fixes game problems, doesn't give you something you shouldn't have or don't have already. If visuals could be turned down or enemies stood out more maybe less people would use it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 9, 2014, 2:03:06 PM
"
dealer13 wrote:

it is american because it came with pop culture and hollywood garbage. as joseph goebbels said "keep repeating a lie to people and they will start to believe in it" thats how it spreads.

and i was talking about loot in general, not if its a good/useless one. idk, i play a game i like the way i like it and idc about anything else. thread like these can exist and be active as long as people want them to, i wont quit poe unless it goes drastically off the road

I still cannot see what does the pop culture and/or hollywood garbage have to do with someone wanting something without any effort.

Huge majority of people would like getting a decent paycheck without even going to work, that's just how it is, nothing to do with americans.

Well I've just said that you're wrong about the loot in general, PoE is the loot shower, not D3.
Of course you play what you like, you don't even have to say that.
"
tinko92 wrote:

Well I've just said that you're wrong about the loot in general, PoE is the loot shower, not D3.
Of course you play what you like, you don't even have to say that.

Yeah, RoS isnt a loot shower. It's a rare loot shower. Rares drop like crazy and are useless... You basically just run around until you beam of light every hour or two... Rares dropping so much just means teleporting back to town more often.
Last edited by majesw on Apr 9, 2014, 2:36:29 PM
Frozen orb lost about 50% dmg. It's rough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info