I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
majesw wrote:

I get 4-5 an hour on my MFer in PoE...

I was getting one in ~3 hours without MF, so either you're very unlucky or you're doing it wrong.
"
ephetat wrote:
I wasn't intending to sound snarky, but thanks for representing me as such. The 1.0.0 Balance Changes thread specifically refer to the change as being spurred by a very specific observation they have made -- players dropping off around level 40-50 -- and that was my source.

And the confirmation by Chris that you're referring to on the other hand was posted by Qarl in that particularly long self-found thread where he decided to chime in.

Haha, anytime :)

Who knows, if it was really triggered by analyzing the player stats it could only mean they ignore the forum almost completely, which isn't a good thing. 'We acknowledged your concerns, confirmed they are valid and will address them as soon as possible' sounds much better.

Hmm, can't remember if it was that particular post by Quarl but it did say something like that so it doesn't really matter.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
KenshiD wrote:
"
One thing I know about PoE community is that they believe options are bad.
Motto: "Anyone who does not want to play the game I do, should get the fuck out of here"

No it's just this attitude that many players have nowadays that the game has change to their will and not they have to change to the game.

Change? No
Options? Yes of course

Like I said, PoE community is quite strong on "I do NOT want other people to have the option to play the way they want, they HAVE TO play the way I do". Hatred for options in this forums are really amazing.
"
symban wrote:
Like I said, PoE community is quite strong on "I do NOT want other people to have the option to play the way they want, they HAVE TO play the way I do". Hatred for options in this forums are really amazing.

Might be some meat on that bone, I remember some players pretty vehemently opposing the idea of health bars, 'breaks immersion', 'looks bad', 'completely unnecessary', 'it's cheating', yappity-yap. Yes, even though they got implemented as completely optional.

Dunno about you but I'm having a hard time spotting players that don't use them now.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

I get 4-5 an hour on my MFer in PoE...

I was getting one in ~3 hours without MF, so either you're very unlucky or you're doing it wrong.

What am I doing wrong? I get 1 per 2-3 with no MF and 4-5 when I do dominus runs on my MF character.

RoS there isn't really MF anymore and I get 1 every 1-2 hours.

"
majesw wrote:

What am I doing wrong? I get 1 per 2-3 with no MF and 4-5 when I do dominus runs on my MF character.

The key word is either.

At least I, as a melee, get some drops unlike here in PoE. And that's a topic for itself, horrible ranged/melee MF imbalance.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

The key word is either.

At least I, as a melee, get some drops unlike here in PoE. And that's a topic for itself, horrible ranged/melee MF imbalance.

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't see the word 'either' anywhere in my post...
I am playing POE self found. The reason for that is I used to be a trader in D2. And what you quickly find out, is that when it comes to gaining wealth, trading is always the superior approach, rather than actually playing. For me, it means the game becomes about getting rich, not about playing the game. During the later seasons of D2, I found myself booting the game, then just watching the game window for hours, trying to find good deals. After all, if the point is to become stronger, I am going to do that in the best way the game allows me to that is legitimate. In that sense, I don't feel trading is a satisfactory part of the game and I agree with the D3 guys that it shouldn't be part of the experience.

At any rate, I am having a great experience with POE so far, but I do feel that the game should be more rewarding at times. When you kill the exiles with your self found gear and they don't even drop a single rare, which happens quite often, it just feels wrong, especially because they are outrageously tough at times. And the corrupted areas, I can't even reasonably take on. For example, I thought I was doing great with my summoner - I had no trouble at all leveling up - and felt powerful enough to have a go at a corrupted area. What happened was, I stumbled upon a guy with firestorm that instantly banged all my minions. Right at the entrance. I am all for challenges but that is ridiculous and has nothing to do with "learn to play".

Otherwise, the game plays great, I think it is the first game in its genre for ages where the monsters are mostly very fun and satisfying to kill. There is none of the plastic feel from the D3 mobs. Playing a ranger truly feels like a ranger, even later in the game, not at all like the Demon Hunter from D3, who seems like she could star in a science fiction movie at times. I also love the graphics; the lighting and shading can be jaw dropping at times. I also really like many of the spell effects and skills. It's too bad that you can't really witness much of that in the beginning of the game, where it mostly looks and feels very outdated for various reasons. The biggest offender is probably that many of the early creatures you encounter, like the crustaceans, look very bad. But many, if not all of the dungeons, have a great atmosphere and are done extremely well I think.

I think that in terms of appeal, it takes quite a lot of will and luck to stumble upon what the attraction is of POE. It is absolutely there, but the case is that I tried getting into POE multiple times, starting late 2011, and it never stuck with me because the early game has little going for it. I am happy to say I am very much drawn in now though, and am enjoying the game a lot.
Last edited by dirkw83 on Apr 9, 2014, 9:51:38 AM
"
TheBitterness wrote:
I want to play Path of Exile because it has a better story,

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Apr 9, 2014, 10:04:04 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

The key word is either.

I have been getting around 5 legendaries per day in RoS. Sadly, most of them are not very different from rare items, and none has the 'wow' factor like PoE uniques. Due to the unrestricted skill respec there is no point in rolling more than 1 hero of each class. And bounties/rifts are becoming boring as hell, and I only do them for paragon levels. U may suggest doing higher torments, but there is no real incentive in doing so while people can steamroll through t1 and still get as many drops.

Imho, PoE/D3 are on extreme ends of the spectrum, while both should be somewhere in the middle. In D3, progression/upgrades is so quick that it leaves u bored after a week or two, and in PoE, progression/upgrades are so slow that people ragequit after playing for 6-12 months :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info