I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

I want to play Path of Exile because it has a better story, excellent visuals for the game world (e.g. gritty) and both the items in the game and the levelling fit the game's narrative. But I just can't play the game in it's current state and I haven't been able to stomach it since partway through the second four-month league. Instead, I play Diablo III.* Diablo III is not a better game than Path of Exile, all things considered, but it is a significantly more stable game that invites the player to spend their time playing the game. It took all the way into patch v2.0.1 for this to be the case, the pre-RoS patch, and it's undeniable that it never should have taken that long for the game to actually be enjoyable to play on some level...but it's what happened.

I keep looking at the PoE forums every few days to see if there's anything positive happening with Path of Exile, both the announcement page and the feedback page, but that has yet to be the case. The problems that keep being gestured to and explained in great detail are desync and a 'crafting' system that is inarguably a gambling system. The first issue makes playing at all a real trial and the second issue makes for no compelling reason to suffer that trial at all -nevermind the rewards, the experience simply isn't enriching at this point and hasn't been for quite some time due to these crippling issues.

And through all of this Grinding Gear Games is disturbingly silent.

There are plenty of people who have spent hundreds of dollars with GGG on Path of Exile because they believed in the game, because they believed in the developers. Some of us feel lied to and some of us simply feel let down by a company with too few ideas and/or a complete lack of epistemic humility, viz. the inability to recognise their mistakes or, even recognising their mistakes, the inability to figure out how to fix them.

Path of Exile isn't hardcore, it's broken and people want to play it because they see what it can be and some of us have, off and on, been very vocal about this. There's no real polite way to say this so, please, in light of all of the consistent criticism that people have given and the ideas they've offered, consider this as charitably as possible.

Get your heads out of your collective asses and make Path of Exile the kickass game it is supposed to be instead of a largely unplayable experience fixated on some fucked up notion of 'players like to trade' over action-oriented gameplay with meaningful styles of play.

This isn't a personal attack against the developers but a statement of frustration, from which it should be understood that so much consistent feedback and ideas have been given that it's inappropriate to even suggest that players should be polite about things. At this point the situation with Path of Exile is like it was with the launch of Diablo III and that's not even close to appropriate, it wasn't for Diablo III and it isn't for any other game. Perhaps it's been forgotten that quality gameplay is what's important, not the monetisation plan.

_____
*In order to play a co-op game that we both find interesting and has nothing to do with Steam or the abuse of other players, my girlfriend and I play Diablo III. We want to play Path of Exile.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Community came looking for Diablo 2's true successor

Found a diablo themed Korean hamster wheel MMO grinder.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I played it too for a week. It's already a bit boring. Back to PoE :3

EDIT: Oh, they buffed Crusader. Back to D3 :3

Best patch note: The Blacksmith's Belongings box in Act I no longer has collision

About time.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 9, 2014, 3:02:42 AM
I didn't even last a week with it. Now I feel really stupid for giving blizz my money. You'd think I'd have learned by now...
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I didn't even last a week with it. Now I feel really stupid for giving blizz my money. You'd think I'd have learned by now...

Was it a fun week? If yes, do you still feel you wasted money? If no, demand a refund :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
-
Last edited by klerace on Apr 9, 2014, 4:29:59 AM
D3 is not an option. Hopefully DS2 won't disappoint; it's due for release in a couple weeks I think.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I retried D3 after having it laying around for months...short time fun again because of a lot of improvements but it is still too small. All Acts in D3 can be cleared in a day easily and I am not paying 40 Bucks for a new Endboss and a Class I am not interested in.

Tried PoE and find it very interesting up to now (first time Act 2 almost through).

Cant find any hard problems yet.
Especially not considering it costs me 0,00€ to play compared to a bug rich 50€ for D3 when it came out.

"Crafting" is gambling but its similar in D3.

Up to now I like it.

Remeber Diablo is over a year since release. So a direct comparison is kinda unfair.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 9, 2014, 7:27:56 AM
There is absolutely nothing that PoE could do to be even 1/3 as disappointing as D3.

GGG could remove all of the soft core leagues and add a permanent Real Money auction house and is would still be less disappointing than D3.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info