New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

Ripped to Magnus today.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I also had my original experience of death with him on his start. I think they balanced him a little recently with a patch. Allwsys killed him recently. But still he is strong. As marauder with 75+2+1 resi works since you leech more life due to my damage than he inflicts + flasks
Gay ass exile, lvl 90 witch with 4800 hp + mom (2900 mana reserved) 79% fire resist.

Cursed out of no where(flammability), fine whatever, started to incinerate his ass, flameblast appears at feet (with incinerate you have to hold or fold), i better play it safe, start to move away, hit chilled ground, flameblast keeps expanding, trying to get out of radius (wearing kaoms roots, no MS+chilled ground =god awful slow) and BAM flameblast hits, one shotted.

Taking MoM into account that means i got hit for approx 6240 dmg. Roflstop all other exiles, sometimes have to tp if thena gets one too many viper strikes on me, but that's damn rare now, she's usually dead by the time she gets within striking distance, but this guy, this guy tanked incinerate + smashed me with flameblast.

Last edited by csjibbs on May 20, 2014, 4:18:53 AM
"
kasub wrote:
I assume he works like the flameblast invasion boss which you have to just avoid quickly or does he cast it faster or something? Have yet to meet him.

He casts it WAY too fast. I was having trouble killing him with 50% move speed base (around 100% with pots) and 75% fire resist. Mechanic of running away = ok, not being able to attack a single time to not get hit = stupid.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
This guy is more OP than Igna, simply because he can kill you from off-screen, without you being able to pinpoint his location because flameblast gives you no directionality info.

He seems to have two screens range at least.

Another gearcheck encounter where you are supposed to have 85+ all res -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
csjibbs wrote:
Gay ass exile, lvl 90 witch with 4800 hp + mom (2900 mana reserved) 79% fire resist.

Cursed out of no where(flammability), fine whatever, started to incinerate his ass, flameblast appears at feet (with incinerate you have to hold or fold), i better play it safe, start to move away, hit chilled ground, flameblast keeps expanding, trying to get out of radius (wearing kaoms roots, no MS+chilled ground =god awful slow) and BAM flameblast hits, one shotted.

Taking MoM into account that means i got hit for approx 6240 dmg. Roflstop all other exiles, sometimes have to tp if thena gets one too many viper strikes on me, but that's damn rare now, she's usually dead by the time she gets within striking distance, but this guy, this guy tanked incinerate + smashed me with flameblast.

Well I am totally only playing ranged-only witches with daggers. For insta-whirling blades escaping of 1-shot mechanics because of such guys like this. When Orchard map devourer boss 1-shot my "tanky" melee by shotgunning fireballs on maxed res I realised that being ranged char is best defense in this game. And whirling blades is best escape because its instant. Whirling off blue devourer packs and off-screen flameblasts easy in no time = op.

I would never play archer in this game because no whirling blades, tho lo-life sci-fion is an option if a mirror drops. So that leaves us with top of the points chart - the witches (shadow/templar caster)

This guy is overtuned - and there are more overtuned guys coming we know right?

But this is some solid solution while it works as intended and till its not reintended yet.
"
morbo wrote:
Another gearcheck encounter where you are supposed to have 85+ all res -_-

Etup just got flameblasted for like ~3500 without purity of fire in white Shipyard.
Also desynced back into smaller flameblast for ~2000 :-)
Until "invisible rain" bug is fixed, he is more deadly than Igna, sure.
Probably he is second most rare exile, though.
1 hitted me last night and rest of the pt in lvl74 map, i was lvl83. 4850HP/650ES 79 fire res with no -res and dmg modes on map. Ridiculous...
I fkn hate this guy. Characters with 4.5k - 5.2k and 79 all resist == twoshot in maps (without extra dmg. mods). lol..

What's even worse, he's spawning far too often. Either I have been very unlucky, or he's one of the most common encounters.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info