New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

The problem with Magnus is, that from one side he is not bad designed, as even if he deals tremendous damage, he is glass cannon so it's usually question of landing few nice hits and he is done, but from the other, poor game engine performance makes this, that this tremendous damage is thrown at ppls without time to react, like invisible fully charged FB casted by Magnus from lagged strongbox.

It's another example, that GGG design doesn't take into account possibilities and limitation of engine they run their game on.

Of course, I still wish that my FBer could channel FB being, like Magnus, 3 rooms away, but... :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
@Goguser

You play rampage.
Had your ranger been 85 and opened the strongbox to be immediately blown up I wonder if you would be as mouthy.

If i was on rampage and this happened, I wouldn't of cared less as it would have been my first death in 85 levels, and with his low spawn rate I'd draw it up to bad luck of the draw in a bad situation. Roll a new map and carry on.

His imbalance is the fact he can wombo you through ALL your defences without giving you enough time to react, his power curve is WAY out of wack with anything else at similar levels in the entire game.

So map bosses, trash mobs and everything else are all within your characters power curve except some random low spawn chance exile that for some reason out curves all the afformentioned points INCLUDING map bosses.

Yeah balanced for sure.
y rly i just spent 15 mins to find out which exile it is just to post here that it is a n op crap shit! i have 4500 es with all res ca 90% in merciless and deal 120k dps and becasue this shit game lags all the time you cant even evade this flameblast because if you whirling blade away the game just put you back right in to flameblast and bäääääääääb gj you lost just 10% xp on a lvl 92 witch yaaay! fuck this shit rly!
ING Infuriateground
"
Boem wrote:

News-flash guys, any build unable to utilize aura's and take +max resis is from hence forth no longer "viable".

That is a very old newsflash. ^^

And of course the new rogue exile isn't op, it is just ggg-balanced. ;)

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Come back with that when/IF they ever get a real hardcore league.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
My level 85 Bor woe Duelist (73% Spell block) Just RIP'd to him today (beyond)
Level 77 shrine map.
Cleared this map plenty of times including piety, was on another standard run through, Rare lockbox, ID'd it guarded by +1 rogue exile, no other "danger" mod, sure np. Check all my pots are up.
Open lockbox, seering totem immediately at my feet and a flameblast IMMEDIATELY channeling under me, as soon as I seen the graphic I Leapslam south, on my screen I'm outside of the AOE.
RIP midair of the leapslam 1shot 5120hp 79% fire 73% spellblock.
No +damage map mods

Hardcore leagues are a huge aspect of the game, this is not a blanaced exile, for those arguing it is need an ego check.
Not every char made can stack 85% + fire res
Not every char is a ranged character
Not every exile encountered is on a map, sometimes they are spawned onto you

any other exile spawn out of that box I would literally not bat an eylid at, the character was solid.

And his flameblast does charge extremely fast, any latency issues or desync and you got a real problem. Not to mention invisible rain.

+1
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
@Goguser

You play rampage.
Had your ranger been 85 and opened the strongbox to be immediately blown up I wonder if you would be as mouthy.

If i was on rampage and this happened, I wouldn't of cared less as it would have been my first death in 85 levels, and with his low spawn rate I'd draw it up to bad luck of the draw in a bad situation. Roll a new map and carry on.

His imbalance is the fact he can wombo you through ALL your defences without giving you enough time to react, his power curve is WAY out of wack with anything else at similar levels in the entire game.

So map bosses, trash mobs and everything else are all within your characters power curve except some random low spawn chance exile that for some reason out curves all the afformentioned points INCLUDING map bosses.

Yeah balanced for sure.

If u cant play hardcore ya dont? Why salty tears on forums instead getting good? And probly this post gonna get deleted for insulting mental ppl but you have to be extremely retarded to die to strongbox or magnus which gets punctured once and drops dead off screen.
And for "HC" players, please u can just hit insta alt-f4 when u spot magnus, stop flooding forums with salty tears, i cant see ppl with +88 fire res (98 with potion) whining here.
Last edited by Goguser on Oct 21, 2014, 4:00:04 AM
"
Goguser wrote:
And probly this post gonna get deleted for insulting mental ppl...

If you want to get banned why don't you just ask nicely, there's no need to insult mental people.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 21, 2014, 6:55:53 AM
He one shot me everytime, sometimes i just fight with someone and suddently a circle starts to grow around me... no chance to escape of course. Sometimes i just run thru the whole map between mobs to run out of him if I play melee
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Goguser wrote:
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
@Goguser

You play rampage.

Yeah balanced for sure.

If u cant play hardcore ya dont? Why salty tears on forums instead getting good? And probly this post gonna get deleted for insulting mental ppl but you have to be extremely retarded to die to strongbox or magnus which gets punctured once and drops dead off screen.
And for "HC" players, please u can just hit insta alt-f4 when u spot magnus, stop flooding forums with salty tears, i cant see ppl with +88 fire res (98 with potion) whining here.

I play hardcore because a fair and justified death is fun, If I accept a risk and challenge it, that's fun, the risk of dieing is what I enjoy about the game. But the point I was raising is that yolo dice rolling a random exile in a map to be wombo's off screen isn't fun or fair.

I fail to see how in any way my post is "salty" I just just pointing out a game balance that I feel was unjustified, and cited my reasons why, because he is way above the power curve of anything else in them game. In real life normal people work with critique to better themselves and/or the projects they are working on, it's and important part of the development process. So here's just a head's up.

"If u cant play hardcore ya dont?" that's not even a sentence, I won't drop down to your level of ignorance and prejudice that you highlight so gracefully with your rampant abuse of the english langue as you smash your sentences together with your hammer.
You'r not "retarded", you are good, old fashioned, stupid. Like a pissed off teenager aggressively squaring up to anything and anyone due to sheer lack of self identity and with the impending realisation the you will never, ever, have anything interesting or relevant to say.

And yeah your right, hardcore is super easy, just Alt F4, no one dies ever, it's pretty much like standard. So come and play hardcore? you might as well as there is no real difference in your eyes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info