Lightning arrow + EE

Hey guys I was wondering what build I could do with the few legendaries in my stash :
Spoiler

and I came up with this Scion build. here it is :

and here's the breakdown :

I haven't tried it yet, just sharing my thoughts with the hope you'll be providing me with some more insight. I did not look on any similar builds, so If you do happen to have the same idea, or know someone who does, please tell me!

The idea behind this build is to make the utmost use of the strength of the quiver, 40% phys damages turned into fire damages is a cool mechanic, it saves you an aura! You can now use Anger + Lightning arrow + EE for a max amount of rampage!

Skills I am thinking to use : Lightning arrow + Elemental proliferation + LMP/GMP + fork/chain

For single target, another lightning arrow.

Anger, haste (maybe?) prolly clarity as LA will be mana heavy. I do have a bunch of Reduced Mana gems in my stash.

Why do I take only phys damages nodes ? I think this is the best way to scale the elemental damages for this build. I tried a lightning strike build a while back and it was a really good modifier, because LA is also a % of physical damages done, same as the quiver, same as Hatred.

Unwavering Stance + Iron Reflexes : for survivability.
Elemental Equilibrum : This is your bread and butter, as you will be hitting with all of the elements at once.
Iron Grip : I think this one is optional, but it does add a nice damages bonus, since I pick up 170 strength along the way.

Thus for your weapon, you would want a very high phys damage bow. I think Lioneye' Glare would be the best legendary for a build like this but... Well I am praying to the God of Loot everyday ; ).

What I am still wondering on :

Is this the best the best path ?
Is Marauder a more viable starting class ?
Is this enough life ?
Is this enough crit strike chances ?
Is this enough increased phys damages?
Is this enough mana/ mana regen ?
Could acrobatics actually be wurth instead of US + IR ?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
EE will only fuck you over by increasing the enemy's Resistances by 25%. Not sure why you're picking that up.
This is how EE works and why the previous poster says you shouldn't get it.

An enemy is hit with some elemental damage.
The game checks which elements were present (You have fire and lightning and cold if you run Hatred)
Whichever ones were present the monster gets +25% Resist (In your case, all 3 elements get +25% Resist)
Whichever ones aren't present get -50% Resist (All elements were present in your hit, if you don't run Hatred, cold might get -50% Resist if you have no cold damage from other gear)

Additional comments on the build:

Your build basically converts 80% of physical to Elemental Damage (and adds more with Hatred/Anger) so Weapon Elemental Damage should definitely be in the gem setup.

Your tree is spread really thin. You have plenty of life but no damage (you pick up some crit multipliers but not the notable or the three node 120% Crit chance for bows?) It's hard to gauge whether you want to scale crit or just physical.

Since you're life based, you're probably not going to get stunned much (especially since you're ranged). Iron grip at this point also works out to 34% Increased Projectile Damage which is easily reachable and surpassable with other nodes in the tree.

LA - LMP - Chain - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech is the tried and true LA build
thank you for your replies and your insight,

I am still trying a few different ways to make it work, I am currently testing a ranger build with Ice Shot. I think when I put on the Blackgleam with LA, I loose on DPS, because of the way they interact with Physical damage.

I know I only take physical damage, but isn't this better than weapon elemental damage when your skill scales on Physical damage?

I have dropped the EE idea since I intend to hit with all 3 elements at once.

I ll post another passive tree soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info