@GGG Cutthroat - new rules??

"
There's now a level limit on entering areas that contain other players. If you're much higher level than the lowest level player in the area, or much lower level than the highest level player, you can't join. Let us know what you think about the numbers we chose and we can tweak them for subseuqent events.

But how many levels? This should be good to know for if I want to hunt a player down, I know if he's within my range. Also, at lease for the longer (48+ hour) CT races, the level range should increase exponentially. In other words, at higher levels 60-80, the range of invasion should be larger.

My biggest gripe about these short terms is: I grind to about mid-act 2, and continuously fight the high-level players there. The only people above our level is the people that are practicing their racing skills, and not pvping, so we can ignore them. Then there is a huge group of lowbies (probably the majority of players), that are like levels 8-13, grinding in the ledge. You even have a more mid tier of mid-teens fighting in Shipyard and Southern Forest.

Will you compile a list of changes? For example, I know you said GH got nerfed, but outside of the single announcement, I cannot find that in the general list of CT rules.

Thanks

"
Illsonmedia wrote:
But how many levels? This should be good to know for if I want to hunt a player down, I know if he's within my range. Also, at lease for the longer (48+ hour) CT races, the level range should increase exponentially. In other words, at higher levels 60-80, the range of invasion should be larger.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it's 8 levels.

Personally I think they should scale it from +/-2 levels at level 1 and increase that by 1 level every 4th level, so +/-3 at 4, +/-4 at 8; this would probably be best an upper bound of +/-8 at 32. The +/- would have to be inherent to the lower level character, so a level 32 couldn't invade a level 24's area, but a level 40 could invade a level 32's area.

As for the GH nerf, it appears its damage reduction scales up from -30%, but its still as much a menace as ever due to freezelocking mechanics.
"
nikheizen wrote:
"
Illsonmedia wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it's 8 levels.

Personally I think they should scale it from +/-2 levels at level 1 and increase that by 1 level every 4th level, so +/-3 at 4, +/-4 at 8; this would probably be best an upper bound of +/-8 at 32. The +/- would have to be inherent to the lower level character, so a level 32 couldn't invade a level 24's area, but a level 40 could invade a level 32's area.

As for the GH nerf, it appears its damage reduction scales up from -30%, but its still as much a menace as ever due to freezelocking mechanics.

good points

Regarding GH, it does 30% less damage, on top of existing pvp scaling. No one will be winning with GH. It will likely not be freezing, and if it does, the freeze will not be long. From a guy that usually took over the earlier S7 CT races by using GH, the GH nerf is a good one. It was OP.

You will see more dynamic builds now. FP just went up a few notches, quite a few notches. Hard countered by Flicker Strike
Last edited by Illsonmedia on Apr 9, 2014, 7:50:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info