monkeys squealing like pigs...

The new sound for the monkeys is very irritating and seems out of place. High pitched sound aren't usually on everyone "I love it" list. Ask yourself this: would I be able to listen to that sound over and over again?

Please remove or change it a.s.a.p.
Was just about to post this. Sounds terrible.
I guess I'm the only one who liked it and though it sounded more realistic?

>..>
<..<
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
Not the only one bchan, I like them.

Actually the original sounds were made from a sound pack of nondescript creature sounds, the new audio has been made out of real monkey sounds.

The audio guy.
It's a case of players pre-conceived notions of what something should sound like, conflicting with what the thing actually sounds like. Basically you'll probably find hardly anyone has heard what a monkey sounds like except in movies and other video games where they may not use accurate sounds either.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Not the only one bchan, I like them.

Actually the original sounds were made from a sound pack of nondescript creature sounds, the new audio has been made out of real monkey sounds.

I remember there was once a news experiment i saw on Youtube done in Russia - Moscow.
People were presented with 2 different ice creams,one made from your usual cheap palm oil crap,and the other one from genuine cream - you know,like a real icecream.
When asked which one they preferred and thought to be the real deal,almost everyone went with the palm oil stuff.

If people never really knew any better,they might consider a lie to be the truth for the lack of point of reference.

In this case people in beta and earlier builds saw the monkey and heard it,they got used to it and assumed that it's the real deal,now when presented with an actual sound of a monkey ,they don't like it because no matter if it's genuine or not,for them it's a lie.

In fact ever since alpha (forgot the account name/pw of it) i always played with sound turned off because back then a lot of the effects etc were lacking the punch,in fact i remember years ago making a topic about weapon swings,spells,and attack/skill effects in general not having any real sound feedback,as an example i remember linking a video of Torchlight which to this day imho has got one of the meatiest sounding combats in any game.
Anway,a month or so ago i figured to try and turn the sound on again,and bloody hell was i surprised.
If any of you would remember how PoE sound effects were like those years ago,you wouldn't be making a fuss about a monkey squealing like...apparently a monkey should.
Trust me,back then it was bad,in some cases it was really really bad - as for right now,ever since i turned my PoE sound on,haven't turned it off yet.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Apr 27, 2014, 9:44:41 AM
I have to agree with BeerGoggles; the pig/rhoa-like squealing is annoying to me too. It sounds like monkey sounds are blending with pig/rhoa sounds. I actually thought that this might have been a bug.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info