More Cut-throat Events Posted

"
Kenza wrote:
Never going to play cut-throat or any other race for that matter. This is all that POE is becoming, races and leagues! Not a supporter of that at all. Sadly so to be honest.

PoE has always been about races, I mean, this is season 7!

But the PvE is better than ever, and they are still working on it.

Remember, there is room for improvement, but they are planning for the next years, they can't do it all at once.
Looking good Chris and co.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I came 5th in the recent between season 6 hr version of this, having killed about 5 or 6 exiles, and having died about the same. the best part was when so when someone invaded my Brutus kill, and I took them both down after a lot of kiting (I was witch, he was duellist)

My experience in that one leads me to believe that there needs to be more incentive to play this differently to a normal race. The guy that won it last time had about 10 lvls on everyone else by the end.

Friendly fire teaming up is great fun. attempted it for Vaal overseer kill, had to let all minions die and not re spawn them though.

This COULD be a great permanent league. just a little more tweaking to go.
I really think what needs to be done is a permanent, or at least semi-permanent cut-throat league. There is barely a reason to play 4-8-24hr cut-throat events, there is no point in levelling or re-levelling for that matter, since the league will be over anyway. You dont have time to get emotionally attatched to your gear (and perhaps seek vengeance when you lose it, hunting the instances for your killer?).

I know these events are meant to give an idea of what rules and settings should be in a longer cut-throat event, but in my opinion its permanent/multi-month cut-throat or short events where you just bash each other with driftwood clubs.
IGN: Avlee
I think it should be like 5-7 Zones a la Endless Ledge to level up the chars, and then Arena-like zones where up to x players are dumped into. And then off you go. So there is an incentive to level up again, and in the end you can only get more levels by killing everyone in your arena-zone and then get into the next one, never knowing if you run into someone a lot stronger than you are.

No team-ups, nowhere to run, no "choosing" enemys. Once 15 or something exiles are in the zone (maybe from different entrypoints) the zone is cloesd until one is the winner. That one can then get out. Or have a timer, and then some portals open, and whoever is alive and wants to leave may do so.

That would be an awesome cutthroat for me.

<3 GGG
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
It has always seemed awkward and unwieldy to get this mode working well. Hopefully this run will help solve some of the issues for GGG and the participants. Best of luck, you guys! :)
I have been playing all of the cut throats that i have had time to play in and so far i loved it. The first series of cut throats I posted about the broken log out timer, so thank you very much for fixing that.

Second, In the last 6 hr cut throat I found that the level difference is somewhere close to 6 levels. I personally think that a 6 level difference is just too high. I can admit that when I was level 14 going into the ledge and 2 hitting level 8s was very fun and easy loot, but after a while i started to feel bad and tried to find people my level. This is when I instantly regretted that decision by going to the ship graveyard and getting 2 hit by a level 20. That is no fun at all.

To conclude, destroying lower levels might be fun for a while, but I personally had the most fun with fighting similar levels where it is actually a fight. Instead of just getting destroyed and not even having a chance to use any sort of flasks.

I hope my input is helpful =) thank you very much for adding cut throat again GGG!
"
blankd wrote:
Its gonna go like this: 20 people rush for level 60 and the most fun is happening at lvl 5 :D

Also the level caps are far from balanced, you can get SO MUCH better weps at certain levels, that you stand no chance, let if be only 4 levels apart characters. Bigger lvl will always win, no contest.

this is not always the case, during the 48 hr cut throat i made a second account to see if i could just destroy my everyone my level. Because i had all rares and a good weapon, at level 2 i managed to kill multiple level 6's, a 7, and even a lvl 8. It was great because after i killed one of them i got almost a level and a half because they were so much higher.

So knowing this, its not really the combat levels from passive skills that will make someone win, its all about the gear.

side note, gh is still too op. Mainly at lvl 2,8, and 12, due to the mauls unlocked at that level

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info