PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Think I'm Done With This

About 53rd level in the beginning of act 3 Cruel.

Haven't found a two handed mace better than Geofri's Baptism which is a 27th level unique. Mediocre other gear due to socket and connection restraints and poor drops. Used to really enjoy this game.

Normal difficulty was so fun, just leap strike into a bunch of mobs and either sweep or ground slam. It was just HULK SMASH fun. Then in about act 3 I started to need to be kind of careful. Then Cruel happened.

Cruel = Not much fun. But I've been carrying a Spell Totem: Ice Spear Witch and a Split Arrow ranger. They died a TON early on. Now they're okay. Me? I don't do much. If I solo I need to be super cautious. If I don't have Endurance Charges up I'm incredibly vulnerable. And when I have 75% to all resistances (cept Chaos cuz, ya know.) and -25% physical damage due to Enduarance Charges, with like 70 regen per sec, and whatnot, I'm still running away a ton like a scared girl.

I don't think this game is for me. Oh well, was fun at the start. And when my friends are on I can just let them carry me.

Edit: Maybe I'll use my respec points and even an orb of regret or two to switch to a bow build.
Last edited by ccubed on Jan 31, 2013, 6:49:11 AM
Your build is good. Could it be the support gems you are using on your skills? You want to use Physical Damage + Life Gain on Hit + Faster Attacks on your AoE. Did you try engaging in trading activity over the trade chat? You can find some nice items there and haggle for a good price. Melee characters are Very gear hungry, you cannot expect really good performance with mediocre/bad gear. You can also try to just spend some time in maps such as The Ledge or Fellshrine Ruins to try and farm up some gear/currencies to trade for gear. Those two have sluggish mobs which should help you have an easier time.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
things changed when i rolled to ll stack. i just reached all hp nodes accecible

this things helped me alot.
the only thing that pissed me off was explosive arrow. i hate that stuff REALLY hard.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jan 31, 2013, 8:54:19 AM
I'm level 48, me and a 48 witch have duo'd all the way up to last quest of act3(killed general last night), and my gear is kinda crap. Following the newbie ground slam marauder guide, even gimped myself a bit by rushing down. I haven't traded for anything, using all found/crafted gear. Some areas are hard and have to be careful but with good play there was times where we were going against mobs 3-4 levels above. Chaos damage and spark fuck things up a bit, liberal use of decoy totem helps a lot.
"
mezmery wrote:
things changed when i rolled to ll stack. i just reached all hp nodes accecible

this things helped me alot.
the only thing that pissed me off was explosive arrow. i hate that stuff REALLY hard.

Could someone do me a servivce and list some approximate trade/currency values for this stuff? I have no idea how much anything trades for. Or if there's a trading guide somewhere?
"
ccubed wrote:
derp

You have only 1 damage passive (15% IAS) and are using a weapon designed for 26 levels below your current one. Too much defense and not enough offense; no wonder you are having problems!
99% of suggested changes would make the game easier. Thats why only 1% of suggested ideas are even worth considering.
I myself would like to start a marauder...but I'm very cautious about melee characters in this game.. I mean all top players and streamers are ranged... even those marauders use either ground slam or...wel...wands o.O....not a single true melee marauder out there which says a lot.
IGN: Seze
"
arual wrote:
"
ccubed wrote:
derp

You have only 1 damage passive (15% IAS) and are using a weapon designed for 26 levels below your current one. Too much defense and not enough offense; no wonder you are having problems!

lol'ed
u dont need damage passives as marauder
No rest for the wicked
"
punisher18 wrote:

Could someone do me a servivce and list some approximate trade/currency values for this stuff? I have no idea how much anything trades for. Or if there's a trading guide somewhere?

I bought
for 2 chaos orbs and
for 7 fusing/7 jewellers and one alchemy.
I use almost the same build and I'm in act 3 cruel near the end (just finished the Solaris temple) and my gear is also meh (although your lvl 27 mace is way too low).

I just use the decoy totem a lot to buy me time when there's too much mobs and when I have to kill an annoying mob I'm always ready to spam my 2 instant flasks. But I can agree you have to be really, really careful compared to Normal mode and I can already see why it would be so much easier with a ranged class as most monsters are completely dumb (and I saw the power of ranged classes in party).

I'm afraid of Merciless, but Cruel is doable so far.
Last edited by Infernalis on Jan 31, 2013, 6:50:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info