Suggestion: a way to affect item level

Consider an item sort of like a Divine orb that also rerolls the item's level, favoring a value near to the level of the character spending it.

Players will begin to look at early game uniques as endgame possibilities. Or the opposite: taking a late game item and scaling it down for a pricey (but cool) piece of leveling gear.

In terms of implementation... Perhaps a Vaal-corrupt version of a divine orb?
Last edited by Daimoth on Apr 8, 2014, 10:25:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you were able to "upgrade" some of the early uniques, a good few would become just incredibly good and/or broken. This is due to the way their modifiers interact with what they are currently at. Add to this some are currently amazing if you build around them...if you were able to upgrade them...well hopefully you get the picture.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Apr 7, 2014, 4:03:13 PM
"

You mean like using a vaal orb on a divine orb? I like the idea, but imagine the madness from modifiable currency Items LOL.
Spoiler
Imagine corrupted fusing and ask youselve what would they do.

"
If you were able to "upgrade" some of the early uniques, a good few would become just incredibly good and/or broken. This is due to the way their modifiers interact with what they are currently at.

It is not broken when it is hard enough to achieve.
"
Daimoth wrote:
I'm thinking about a item sort of like a Divine orb, that also rerolls the item's level, favoring a value near to the level of the character spending it.

Consider a lowbie unique that would be endgame viable if its stats were "scaled up". Players will begin to look at early game uniques as endgame possibilities. Or the opposite: taking a late game item and scaling it down for use a pricey (but cool) piece of leveling gear.

I highly doubt GGG will ever do anything that is scaled when it comes to currency. It's RNG, and they probably intended for their "crafting" system to be more of a gambling system.

It's also no wonder why they added the Vaal Orb, which can either completely screw up an item or make it many times better. It's also probably a way to weed out legacy items slowly and to keep other powerful items from becoming to prominent.
Easy enough fix, give it a chance to destroy the item you're using it on. That fits the whole "corrupt" thing, anyway.
Last edited by Daimoth on Apr 8, 2014, 10:22:58 AM
Item level has no effects on a weapon's stats, it only affects what mods it can roll and how many sockets it can have.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
The idea is update both the iLvl and the stat values. Which why I described it as:

"
an item sort of like a Divine orb[...]
"
cth_lh0 wrote:
"

You mean like using a vaal orb on a divine orb? I like the idea, but imagine the madness from modifiable currency Items LOL.
Spoiler
Imagine corrupted fusing and ask youselve what would they do.

"
If you were able to "upgrade" some of the early uniques, a good few would become just incredibly good and/or broken. This is due to the way their modifiers interact with what they are currently at.

It is not broken when it is hard enough to achieve.

Like Ethereal Dimensional Blades being upgraded into Phase Blades (Indestructible) in D2. Fairly expensive to do (assuming you played legit) and very expensive to find the right sword, not everyone had it. Did not break the game.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
Daimoth wrote:
The idea is update both the iLvl and the stat values. Which why I described it as:

"

Well divines only roll the values within the predefined range. Changing the ilevel of a unique would only affect the maximum possible number of sockets/links on the item.

I'm not explicitly against the idea of more interesting vendor recipes or more interesting orbs, all I'm trying to say is that with uniques at least, this orb wouldn't be any more useful than a regular divine orb.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"

Not literally a Divine orb that also rerolls iLvl. I'm suggesting a currency item that rerolls the iLvL, then rerolls its stats based on a range appropriate for the adjusted iLvl, effectively scaling the item up or down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info