Theorycrafting Mjölnir RF arc build

i play 2man party, and no my RF damage isnt so high that every white mob melts before my weapon hits it. sorry for not being lvl 91 and not having kaom's after 1 month in ambush ;) (or full setup of gg rares). as u only seem to play solo and no maps its quite impressive if u rly are geared for 60k+ RF damage right now and got to lvl 91. actually playing solo gets u bigger problems with that map mods - i guess u just traded them away on ur way to lvl 91 if u dislike burning currency on em.

i also wouldnt buy the mace for currency, because i understand the benefits arent that great, but pointless really is the other extreme. what else would u do with the mace? my thought was that its a great crowd clearer and RF provides the single target damage. cant think of many more mjöllner builds which can achieve good single target DPS (attack builds dont work, crap dps and speed - caster builds are pretty weak aside from CoC) - so ure part of that group who says the mace is crap? i didnt have the time to try out this stuff yet.. but im lvling up and getting there i hope. hf
I never said the mace was useless, just that it doesn't have very good synergy with RF.

Like everyone keeps saying: it will rape groups, it's just that it'll struggle with the single target.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
ah well u didnt read/ didnt understand my point/didnt care

RF has great single target DPS (at least in solo/2man) , thats why i disagree and there is a synergy with RF (and no i dont believe u u can kill mobs OFFSCREEN with ur righteous fire, which arc/mjöllner can)

"
Zeekin wrote:

Maybe 5K dps sounds like a lot to you, but I have a VERY different opinion...

I hope you are aware that this means its around 30k in a 5 link with lmp and conc effect? Which is alot for a fireball endgame. I randomly chose fireball just to demonstrate the ammount of spellpower you get. Saying that it is not much dps just means you are not familar with the current scaling of self cast spells.
"
MDGeizt wrote:
ah well u didnt read/ didnt understand my point/didnt care

RF has great single target DPS (at least in solo/2man) , thats why i disagree and there is a synergy with RF (and no i dont believe u u can kill mobs OFFSCREEN with ur righteous fire, which arc/mjöllner can)

So if I'm understanding your "point" correctly, your RF damage is so crappy, that you'll have plenty of time to cyclone enemies to proc arc, which will in turn kill enemies off-screen? Not sure if you've used arc before but that's completely unrealistic, so sorry.

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Zeekin wrote:

Maybe 5K dps sounds like a lot to you, but I have a VERY different opinion...

I hope you are aware that this means its around 30k in a 5 link with lmp and conc effect? Which is alot for a fireball endgame. I randomly chose fireball just to demonstrate the ammount of spellpower you get. Saying that it is not much dps just means you are not familar with the current scaling of self cast spells.

So you're comparing fireball in a 5L with lmp/conc effect to arc in a 2-3L? Okay, gl with that.

"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
"
Zeekin wrote:

So you're comparing fireball in a 5L with lmp/conc effect to arc in a 2-3L? Okay, gl with that.

Who said one arc, theoreticaly you can fill up every slot of your gear with arc gem and all proc or 10+ discharge + Romira's Banquet for "the lulz" like the kids say nowadays.
Last edited by Zerber on Apr 15, 2014, 7:27:42 AM
"
Zeekin wrote:

So if I'm understanding your "point" correctly, your RF damage is so crappy, that you'll have plenty of time to cyclone enemies to proc arc, which will in turn kill enemies off-screen? Not sure if you've used arc before but that's completely unrealistic, so sorry.

yea u might be right.. i didnt use the recently patched arc yet, and was not hoping to kill enemies offscreen but wear em down (ok then theyll instantly melt by RF). as i said im not hoping to get a significant build boost from this just a useful addition, as u have a free weapon slot as RF user.

still looking to useful additions to righteous fire life build, but it seems there still isnt any (vaal cyclone seems the best for me atm, and max out RF dmg). if none of em work its just disapponting for me because pure righteous fire is boring, but got even stronger in this patch (bad design) and im gonna log off until the next major patch ;P

still waiting to see any good mjöllnir builds (the videos ive seen where on solo/easy environment) so im following here.

GL @zerber

but u cant socket all your equipment because the stat on mjöllnir is:

50% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit

i think u misinterpret that one, its only lightning spells which are in the weapon as far as i unterstand that

"
MDGeizt wrote:

but u cant socket all your equipment because the stat on mjöllnir is:

50% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit

i think u misinterpret that one, its only lightning spells which are in the weapon as far as i unterstand that

Yeah I thought the same, I mean it seems logical but some vids poped up that show that it works with any lightning gem in any socket.
can u give a link on that video?

i found this statement which might be interesting for ur build:

Oh and the best part about Mjölner is that unlike cast on crit, you can proc off every cyclone. With cocs its all or nothing, since the roll is action based, but Mjölner procs are checked per hit, you get a more normalized and reliable procs.

and this reddit topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22vesi/question_mj%C3%B6lnerlive/

the +1 chain is a global bonus for sure at least
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 15, 2014, 8:44:58 AM
"
MDGeizt wrote:
can u give a link on that video?

i found this statement which might be interesting for ur build:

Oh and the best part about Mjölner is that unlike cast on crit, you can proc off every cyclone. With cocs its all or nothing, since the roll is action based, but Mjölner procs are checked per hit, you get a more normalized and reliable procs.

and this reddit topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22vesi/question_mj%C3%B6lnerlive/

the +1 chain is a global bonus for sure at least

Does that mean it checks per single hit if you use meleesplash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info