Theorycrafting Mjölnir RF arc build

So I was thinking about the new unique mjölnir and came up with that tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_fLjBBOOf8axVtScvKS6eze8OpzC8nwHnFHEUIKSsNuj461BH8i9ko1iv6hgYkWo7ROeoGBpVRmn3MmEhcqni6oTvrKoB3HTtWfOkGXrvwBob-mBLkFVmniXfBS2nhPrShNnEWBo4Fy826WVNJ9XsOGTnhtEkquNqR3462FXWJLAZhavFfLuApBpsxYqdrvPd8B-nCBJpBLOiALiTFVCPRhccFE0CcQx90NBxeRB_z2XGnlXGFm9uab6neA2pbmxGcmwyCXzZ

The idea behind it is that you stack strength and enough life regen to support RF with the inner force cluster/holy strength running. I have a RF build quite similar and it can sustain all that with the regen provided by the passives and vitality when you use a lvl 20 purity of fire gem. We use resolute technique to make sure cyclone always hits and because we only have base crit chance anyway it doesnt matter for arc.

Uniques used in that build:

Rise of the phoenix - obviously
Dual redbeaks / carcass jack - snapshoting
Astramentis - for iron will and the stat requirements of the hammer
Meginord's vise - boosting iron will
Alberon's warpath - boosting iron will

dual Resists/life/strength on the rest of the gear

I tested it (without the hammer ^^) and I can get around 1000 strength, 6000 hp and capped
res

Only problem is getting the INT im on 220 right now :/
Last edited by Zerber on Apr 7, 2014, 1:36:37 PM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_fLjBBOOf8axVtXloJy8pLp7NC2HvDqcweA28nxRxFCC-ilivpKz461BHAdxGafIv6hgYkaQZ4upqO0TnqBj3Mhv6YSFyqSXfhO-sqoTZdO1Z8yftZU1678AaxPZHfmBLkFVmnsQVq8UFLaeE-tLEWBo4Fy826SfV7Dhk54bRJKrjailPOthV1iSwGYWCm3y7gKQabMWKna7z3fAfpwgSaQSzogC4kxVQj0YXHBRNAnEMfdDQcXkQf89lxp5VxhZvgzjvfHzZ

Ok this tree has enough strength and int for the hammer if you use Astramentis.
Last edited by Zerber on Apr 7, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
cyclone

stop reading there
"
Sammael wrote:
cyclone

stop reading there

The amount of hits you land if you jump into a pack of mods is enough, it synergizes with RF,
the mana costs is completly irrelevant and each arc or spark is as powerfull as used by a selfcaster. But its nice that you care enough to post in a thread you dont care about.
Looks like a pretty solid setup imo =]

I've been playing around with the same idea, but I would take static blows over the holy fire cluster.

What would you socket the weapon with? I thought of using Romira's Banquet and socket Arc/Discharge/Iron Will (or Lightning Penetration). With Romira's you will discharge a minimum of 2 power charges each time (I THINK), which makes discharge the highest base-damage spell to use. Also good AOE.

For single target Double strike might be better, linked to faster attacks/multistrike/LGOH

The only real problem I see is life leech. Is LGOH enough to keep your HP maxed?
If you're running RF, your damage is already enough, adding mjonler to the mix is pointless.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
"
Zeekin wrote:
If you're running RF, your damage is already enough, adding mjonler to the mix is pointless.

very pointless to get arc chains on the cyclone u use anyway, and clear white trash mobs with a huge area (which RF doesnt have)

go for it OP ill also do it if i happen to self-find mjölner

@ dangerbob im also thinking about discharge/romiras banquet combo in my RF, but id use it in a 5/6link manual cast. imo arc/arc/arc or light pen is better for playability with mjölner and, eventually iron will id figure when thats done. already got perf astra in ambush which im now happy i didnt sell
"
MDGeizt wrote:
"
Zeekin wrote:

very pointless to get arc chains on the cyclone u use anyway, and clear white trash mobs with a huge area (which RF doesnt have)

go for it OP ill also do it if i happen to self-find mjölner

@ dangerbob im also thinking about discharge/romiras banquet combo in my RF, but id use it in a 5/6link manual cast. imo arc/arc/arc or light pen is better for playability with mjölner and, eventually iron will id figure when thats done. already got perf astra in ambush which im now happy i didnt sell

If your RF aura doesn't gib white mobs before you can melee them (INCLUDING 78 MAPS) then you're doing it wrong, and the aura-size is pleanty big. The only stuff I get time to hit before it dies are rares and stuff with some kind of significant fire resistance.

More to the point, the multiplier effect of RF is wasted, since it gives MORE spell damage not increased spell damage, and with RF gear / passives your spell damage is going to be piss-poor so once again, pointless idea.
"
Zeekin wrote:

If your RF aura doesn't gib white mobs before you can melee them (INCLUDING 78 MAPS) then you're doing it wrong, and the aura-size is pleanty big. The only stuff I get time to hit before it dies are rares and stuff with some kind of significant fire resistance.

More to the point, the multiplier effect of RF is wasted, since it gives MORE spell damage not increased spell damage, and with RF gear / passives your spell damage is going to be piss-poor so once again, pointless idea.

My aura doesnt instagib mobs in 6man groups, the thing my guild runs all the time. They would also love the shock stacks the arc spam would produce.

I run almost the same passive tree right now. Saying that you think that the multiplier of RF is wasted only shows that you dont know what you are talking about, sorry. I have over 1000 strength with items and that passive tree, RF + iron will does alot of damage, play a strength based RF bevor you make claimes about how much spell dps it does. A fireball only linked to iron will has 4k tooltip dps, right now I run that setup with doon and my dps is closer to 5k, the new hammer should give me enough casts per second to counter the loss of doon dps. Seriously low dps? thats more than alot of normal selfcasters have without crazy endgame gear for tons of ex.

Last edited by Zerber on Apr 14, 2014, 12:17:24 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Zeekin wrote:

My aura doesnt instagib mobs in 6man groups, the thing my guild runs all the time. They would also love the shock stacks the arc spam would produce.

I run almost the same passive tree right now. Saying that you think that the multiplier of RF is wasted only shows that you dont know what you are talking about, sorry. I have over 1000 strength with items and that passive tree, RF + iron will does alot of damage, play a strength based RF bevor you make claimes about how much spell dps it does. A fireball only linked to iron will has 4k tooltip dps, right now I run that setup with doon and my dps is closer to 5k, the new hammer should give me enough casts per second to counter the loss of doon dps. Seriously low dps? thats more than alot of normal selfcasters have without crazy endgame gear for tons of ex.

If you run in 6-man groups then yeah maybe it's OK, but who the hell runs RF in groups? There's at least 4 map mods you can't run, unless you plan on running around without it on, in which case I question the choice to have an RF build to begin with...
I guess it's ok if you only plan on running magic maps (lol) or if you don't mind blowing all your currency re-rolling your maps.

Maybe 5K dps sounds like a lot to you, but I have a VERY different opinion...
Last edited by Zeekin on Apr 14, 2014, 2:06:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info