Spiked maul bug

Spoiler

Pretty sure that the knob is misplaced here. According to the 2d art it should be located on the end of the shaft.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
You might want to change your thread title to Hand Positioning on Spiked Maul is Wrong/Backwards

It's either backwards or the hand on the Duelist in general is not defined enough. When I take a second look, it's iffy, but still looks wrong.

It is not a problem with where the weapon head itself is placed. Personally, I don't like nor play the Duelist Class, therefore, I don't know if this problem is prevalent on other weapons he holds or not.

Compare the difference between the positioning of the right hand (your left of the screen) in the image below, and the difference between the positioning of the right hand (your left of the screen) in the image in your OP:

When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Apr 18, 2014, 1:44:01 PM
I think the hand positioning is fine on the model.

Typically when you hold something heavy in your hand, like an axe to chop wood/clear trees. In a rest position you choke your hand up right against the underside of the head of the axe. This is the principle of levers. The further the hand is from the heavy weight, the more effort it will take to hold it.

Naturally when you go to swing an axe, you slide your mechanical force hand down the shaft. (in this case it is the characters right hand), the left hand is the base of the lever that does not move.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
bchan wrote:
I think the hand positioning is fine on the model.

Typically when you hold something heavy in your hand, like an axe to chop wood/clear trees. In a rest position you choke your hand up right against the underside of the head of the axe. This is the principle of levers. The further the hand is from the heavy weight, the more effort it will take to hold it.

Naturally when you go to swing an axe, you slide your mechanical force hand down the shaft. (in this case it is the characters right hand), the left hand is the base of the lever that does not move.

When I take a closer look, the right hand (left of your screen) does look correct, but it's poorly defined, per se, not as defined like in my image of the Shadow holding a two-handed maul.

Anyway, that aside, yes to everything you said I already understand, so what seems to be the problem? Is your Duelists hand not moving in the fashion you explained when he attacks?

If not, it should be fixed, but if so, I see nothing wrong.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Apr 18, 2014, 5:35:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info