Content Update 1.1.2 and Checkpoints

Experienced Path of Exile players know to place portals before entering difficult fights. If they die during the fight, then they can take their portal to return near the combat and attempt it again. We've found that newer players don't understand that they should do this, and often face a long run back to the place they died. Sometimes they have to run through multiple areas, and if they have been out of them for too long then they have a lot of monsters to re-fight. This is especially noticeable early on with side areas like the Tidal Island - if a new player dies to Hailrake, they probably aren't going to have a great experience working out what to do next.

Being able to resurrect at the most recent Checkpoint solves this problem and allows new players to get back into the combat quickly, without confusion. It has less effect on experienced players (who already know how to use portals) and no effect on hardcore players who can't resurrect anyway.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Boom, nice
great.

Hmm... still didn't get the first repost :(
Last edited by FreePeter on Apr 7, 2014, 2:34:29 AM
Yep.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
neat
IGN: DreeeemCrusher (ambush)
first page first time....
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Love the sound of the checkpoint system, significant upgrade over D2. Thumbs up!
checkpoints are a great idea for the newer players, and even being an experienced player myself, i might use this on occasion. i just hope its not useable in endgame maps.
all i know is...FIRST PAGE!
new patch hyppe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IGN : FatJanitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info