[Contest] Design a skill idea for Path of Exile PART 2 [ENDED]

Skill Name: Phase

Target: Ground

Affinity: Int

Description: Player targets the ground at the place they wanna Phase to and bam they "phase" to that location aka teleport instantly.

Sounds: a short "Swip"

Visuals: character turns seethrough and becomes solid again instantly at the target location no fancy light or anything just vanish and reappear.

Im not in the beta (Hence why im here) so i havent checked if teleport exists if it does please tell me and ill remove =).
Ok guys I'm back. I'm glad to see more entries in here!

The contest is closed now, I'll announce the winner soon!
Alright this was much more difficult than I expected, there are a lot of good entries here and I'm sorry I only have one key to give, you all deserve it, also sorry if I didn't pick you, if I get another friend key I'll definitely make another similar contest and you'll get another chance. Ok so here we go.

Here are my top 10:

"
razell2 wrote:
Skill name: Arrow of Decay

Target: Enemies, in a cone area in front of the user.

Description:An arrow that when it hit the target it does % damage on direct hit and % damage over 10 seconds. If the enemy dies from the Decay there's a % chance that the target will rise as a zombie minion to fight by your side(Max of 4 zombie minions at a time).

Visuals: Would be a purple arrow that when it hits it's target it will engulf it in a purple and black aura until it dies or the 10 seconds end.

Sounds: it would have a sound of melting flesh as your body is decaying.

"
Loumy wrote:
Hello

First of all thanks for the contest! Here's my submission.

Skill name: "Slippery Getaway"

Target: Self

Description: The ground beneath your feet freezes leaving a slippery trail of ice behind you. Enemies standing upon the ice will be slowed by x%. Duration of skill x seconds.

This skill is good for escaping, when there are to many monsters as seen in the pictures below.

Tough spot:

Time to run:

Sounds: Crackling ice and cold winds.

Skill mechanic resembles that of the Sorceress' fire skill "blaze" from Diablo II, but with a crowd control effect instead of damage.
The skill could be altered to "throwing oil/mud" for non magic classes.

Crossing my fingers for that beta key :-)

Hugs from Loumy

"
wizard_6 wrote:
Skill name: Frozen Link

Target: enemies

Description:
Marks the target slowing it speed by x% for y seconds. During that time you may cast Frozen Link on another target that is also slowed for the same ammount. On second cast Link on the first target would have the duration refreshed as well as form a link with the second target.
Once the link is formed both marked targets start to take damage over time.
Enemies that pass by the line fromed between the two linked targets would get slowed for half of the speed of the main targets.
If during the time that marks last one of the linked target dies both marked enemies release an freezing explosion damaging all the enemies close to them for z damage

Visuals:
A mark floating on over the heads of 2 marked enemies.
A blue beam linking both marked targets.

Sounds:
Crackling sound of freezing bodies on target marking.

"
Attickus wrote:
Skill name: Chains of Justice

Target: Enemies, Area of Effect

Description: Your character raise their palm towards targeted area. A golden circle appears around the targeted area, chains rise up from the ground and X enemies that are inside the circle gets chained to the ground and traps them for X seconds.

Visuals: The enemies that are inside the circle gets chains attached to /rips trough numerous parts of their bodies.
The golden circle stays around the targeted area all the time the skill is trapping the enemies.

Sounds: A holy sound of light is heard when the ring appears, followed by sounds of chains ripping trough the flesh of the enemies.

"
voroshmitov wrote:
Skill name: Grimface

Target: Enemies

Description: Your character summon glummy terryfing face from groung. Face slow down enemies by 90% and deal damage by his jaws. Skill dedicated for witch.

Visuals: As seen on attached image.

Sounds: Crushed and broken branches, noise of dry leaves. Also grim moaning of old man.

"
kindland2009 wrote:
Skill Name: Pillar of Death

Target: Enemy

Type: AoE - up to 15 enemies in the circle area

Description:

* Cooldown 10 sec

* Lasts X seconds

* Summon the pillar of death from earth and call the rain of fire from the sky for 7 times

* Rain fire will dmg and burn the enemy inside/around the circle area of the pillar

* Enemy inside the circle will be hp drained by the pillar until the rain of fire ends

If enemy die by this skill, they will transform into ashes.

Visuals: Same pic large size http://i.imgur.com/8YJJ2.jpg
Picture:

Sounds:
A small earthquake when the pillar gets out from the ground, sound of rain combined with fire, when monsters turns into ashes they sound like ghosts.

Skill Name: Rage of Blades

Target: Enemy

Type: AoE - up to "x" enemies surrounding area

Description:
* When skill is activated the rage of blades it will be unleashed and will cut with furry all enemies in surrounding area.

*All enemies in surrounding area will be attacked 7 times by sharp blades.

Visuals:
Tons of blades flying in circle around the character.

Picture: large size here http://i.imgur.com/3A7aM.jpg

Sounds:
Sound of storm and blades that cut the air and a scream of rage.

"
mooseme2u2 wrote:
Skill name: Kinetic Battery

Target: Any

Description: Places a kinetic shield on the target that lasts 15 seconds. The shield absorbs 10% damage taken. At the end of the duration, or if target is killed the shield explodes dealing damage equal to 5x the absorbed damage in an area around the target.

Visuals: As the shield absorbs more and more damage, the shield emits a more profound electric visual effect. The more charged, the more profound the explosion is (as an electric nova)

Sounds
: As the shield charges, it emits more and more static-like effect. When the shield explodes, it shocks each enemy affected

Flavour text: Give me all you've got.

The point of being able to target enemies is that you could use it to create AOE damage out of single target attacks. The shield may not seem like much, but it can't be very strong if it is to have an AOE nuke attached to it. It would be very good to use on an ally tank, or on a beefy enemy surrounded by other units.

This is my post from the last contest. I hope you don't mind, I would create another if I had the spare time, busy night. If the contest is still going tomorow I'll be able to create a new one. Otherwise, I hope you like this one, it was fun to make :)

"
brutaliz wrote:
Skill name: Guardian
Target: Enemies/Self
Description:

Call upon your holy guardian.
When summoned, guardian will assist you in battle by taunting surrounding enemies and doing heavy aoe damage.
Also Guardian will prevent you from death by sacrificing himself and shielding you from damage (damage absorbed is equal to 30% of your maximum health).

Lasts: 30 sec
Cooldown: 2 min

Visuals:

A holy guardian appears from bright flash of light near your character.

Sounds:

No idea how to describe it:D

Also:

Here's the another skill from previous contest i've participated if someone is interested :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8286/page/8

*picture*:
Didn't have much time to work with picture, but it shows what i had in mind quite well i think :)

Image used: http://www.pathofexile.com/gallery/#/preview/i92

"
Tweak838 wrote:
Skill name: Frenzy of the Damned

Target(s): Self/Allies also aimed towards enemies. (NOT AVAILABLE IN PvP LEAGUES!)

Description: This skill is sort of a buff. First of all, this is a strength skill, but is beneficial to all classes. To start things off, the skill will be player activated, and has a 2 minute cooldown. (seems reasonable...to me at least) When the skill is activated, the skill gem will enrage the player who activated the gem, increasing melee damage by (x)%. The skill will also "enrage" so to speak his allies by (x)% increasing either melee/spell/arrow damage, depending on who is in the group.(this percentage is less than the caster's percentage of course) If there are no allies in the caster's group, then the caster's melee damage increases by an extra 3%. Enough for the allies, now what does this skill do to the enemy/enemies? I forgot to mention this, but this skill affects up to three enemies The "Frenzy of the Damned" skill decreases melee/casting speed by (x)% as well as decreasing melee/spell damage by an equal or lesser percentage.

Visuals: The visuals will depend on the class of the ally. As for the caster, as stated before this is aimed for the strength builds, so the visual for the caster will be red. When Casted, there will be some sort of cylindrical cone surrounding the: Caster, Ally/Allies, and the enemies. As you can see in the picture I provided, the caster's cone will be (RED), Dexterity based allies' cone will be (GREEN), and Intelligence based allies' cone will be (BLUE). As for the enemy/enemies, their visual will be a black cone (of Death)

Sounds: As for the sound, I imagined the skill to make some sort of Wooshing/Whizzing type of sound. Maybe even some type of Schwoom sound (sorry for the bad descriptions, it's kind of a hard noise to come up with). Take for example the sound that the teleport spell made in Diablo 1, that is kind of what I am imagining for this skill.

FOR BIGGER PICTURE VISIT: http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc410/Tweak838/SkillContest-1.jpg

*Picture*:

"
abhor wrote:
Skill name: "May I Cut In"; melee weapons only
Target: Enemies; AoE spell
Description: You can target enemies via radius-like spell, affected enemies will receive a short de-buff. De-buff consist of having the first affected enemy attacks you receive a counter-hit by your character, resulting in severed limb or decapitation. The activation of the skill will also rely on % chance. Severity and activation of the skill can be increased through skill leveling. Max level of the skill will also provide a small chance of cutting your enemy in half, resulting in the immediate death of the monster where decapitation allows the monster to swing once more before dying. Loss of limb does not kill the monster, just weakens it.
Visuals: Dodge animation and immediate counter-swing animation afterwards, resulting in gory decapitation or loss of limb. Fair amount of dripping blood.
Sounds: Skill activation would sound like a ghost whisper. Decapitation will have extra sound from the head being cut off and loss of limb will also be accompanied by a short growl/scream/shout from the target enemy. Cutting your enemy in half will have only dripping blood, body separation kind of sounds, you don't need more sounds for it.
*picture*:
Targeting your enemies would look something like that.
decapitation would look like that
next time remind me to steal an idea from bloodline champions or dota to get into top 10, ok?
Gl to winners though, and ofc to lucky winner.
Now, in the order the entries were posted here are the numbers.

1 razell2
2 Loumy
3 wizard_6
4 Attickus
5 voroshmitov
6 kindland2009
7 mooseme2u2
8 brutaliz
9 tweak838
10 abhor

Dice roll.

Congratulations brutaliz

Thanks everyone for participating, I feel really bad now, if I had more keys I'd gladly give them to you guys, you deserve it.

Grats, fun contest :-)
Congratz brutalis, somehow i knew your gonna win, anyway i never won something in my life so.., good luck to all next time.^_^.
imp
Thanks to Anmat for contest. and gratz to winner.
Thanks Anmat for good contest and ofc for the key :)
I'll continue this tradition and post another part of this contest as soon as i get beta key to spare :)
Congrats brutaliz. I really liked your skill....the thing that makes me sad..is that had that dice picked one number higher...that woulda been me...well. You know what they say.....woulda......coulda.....should.....haha. ^_^ congrats again.
Praise Keysus...and he shall guid you down the path...of Exile. ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info