[Contest] Design a skill idea for Path of Exile PART 2 [ENDED]

Name: Loyal Exploit

Target: All Minions under your Control.

Description: Letting your loyal vassals charge forward until you decide that their usefulness has ended, you use your Minions for a Final masterpiece of tyranny.

This lets all your Minion explode, ripping their foes who stand nearby to shreds. Uses 20% of your MP, filling it right up again for 1% per Enemy that died from the blast for a maximum of 15%, dealing damage equal to the remaining health of each minion in the epicenter but getting weaker the farther outside the enemy stands. (Range x meter)

Visuals: The Minions stand still for 0,2sec to blow up in a really bloody fashion right after.

Sound: Normal minion attack sound from each Minion before a blastlike splattersound tunes in from the blasts.
Last edited by Nevler on Sep 23, 2011, 11:43:05 PM
Skill name: Serpent Strike

Target(s): Enemy

Description: This skill is for Dexterity based players, mainly the duelist. When the player (Duelist) clicks whatever button the skill is on, the character will attack with both (edged) weapons causing x amount of damage, as well as poisoning the target by x amount of health over 15 seconds. Using this skill gem also increases the caster's "haste rating" (I guess that's what you call attack speed) by x% for 20 seconds. This skill can be used on 5 enemies before there is a cooldown period of 45 seconds (Why did I choose 45 seconds??? Because I just picked a random, but reasonable number).
Now, as stated above, this skill can be used in PvP combat/leagues. But the circumstances will have to change. Now the first thing to change is the amount of damage it deals to the enemy. Basically, in PvE the skill causes x amount of damage . . .NOW . . .in PvP, the skill causes "X" amount of damage depending on the health of the opposing player. Now we've established the amount of damage, lets talk about the time the opposing player is poisoned. The opposing player is poisoned for x amount of their health over 8 seconds (NOTE: the amount of health taken away by the poison depends entirely on the amount of health of the opposing player). Actually . . .now that I think about it, i'm going to leave the PvP portion of the skill to the Developers. . .Mainly due to the fact that they know what they want for PvP, and I don't. ^_^

Visuals: Fast moving dual-wielded (edged) weapons, with a green after-blur/motion-blur. Kind of a green aura/presence comes off of the weapons and/or player.

Sounds: Just check out the link below, and that will basically put the "Sounds, Visuals, and picture" in your minds. Before you watch the whole video, click the pause putton, and check out what Johnny Cage does around 00:58.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijWnGxkN4Xs

*Picture*: I absolutely suck at creating graphics, even though I have photoshop...so...sorry about that. I would've loved to give you a picture.
Alright guys the contest ends in 40 minutes, but now I have to go out in a bit and will return in about 2 hours, so the time is extended until then, once I return I'll choose the entries and announce the winner. Good luck everyone!
Skill name: troubled mind
Target: self
Description: you drive yourself insane making you lose control of your character but you deal 100% increased physical dmg your attack speed is increased by 60% and dmg done to you is reduced by 25% during the time period. Lasts 10 seconds .5 seconds immune to dmg while casting
Visuals: your character puts his/her hands to her head, bends down, then screams towards the sky. Your character’s fists drip blood and red mist covers your eyes.
Sounds:a grunt or groan from your character, then a scream of “I’M GOING TO KILL ALL OF YOU!!!”
Skill name: troubled mind (part 2)
Target: self
Description: your character punches him/herself ending Troubled Mind but dealing 10% of his/her hp as dmg to her/himself. 1 second cast
Visuals: your character punch’s him/herself in the face hard, your character spits blood. And the effects of troubled mind fade away.
Sounds: the sound of punching a piece of meat (pig or beef) almost like a thud,/ or for comedic relief (which I doubt they want) like getting hit on the head with a hollow piece of wood, Donk, Clonk.
Skill name: Blood Plague
Target: self, enemies
Description: you deal 5% of your hp as dmg to yourself (base dmg for every skill lvl and same dmg to yourself despite the number of skill gems of this type you may have) this dmg however, chains from you to 5 nearby enemies, putting a dot on them that lasts for 6 seconds and ticks every second (this dotting effect is effected by haste) the dmg that was done to yourself, is increased by x2 per skill lvl (example, you have 200 hp, you deal 10 dmg to yourself, at skill lvl one, you deal 20/6 per second as dmg to nearby enemies, lvl 10 you deal 10 dmg to yourself but deal 100/6 dmg per second to 5 nearby enemies, 1 second cast. Range 500
Visuals: character places his hands on him/herself then shoots his/her hands forward shooting a stream of blood that chains to 5 nearby enemies
Sounds: a groan of pain then a wooshing sound, combined with sound of blood flying through the air then splattering 5 times as it hits each enemy.
Skill name: Blood shield
Target: self or ally
Description: you shield yourself or an ally, if on yourself, you take 10% reduced dmg, if on an ally, the ally takes no dmg, but the dmg that otherwise would have been done to your ally is done to you, the incoming dmg is reduced by 50% instant cast, 60 second cooldown, last 30 seconds or until the target cancels the effect via rightclick or a cancel button. Range 500
Visuals: a floating shield of blood that covers the target entirely, casting is either hand towards the target, or a hand on yourself if your casting it on yourself.

Sounds: deep evil laughter for 2 seconds after cast if on yourself. If on an ally your character says “my life for yours.”
Skill name: blood haze
Target: self, location
Description: you fade into a mist of blood then travel at supersonic speed to the target area, any target that you hit takes 1% of your hp as dmg, at the target area the mist explodes as you appear dealing 25% of your hp as dmg to yourself, this dmg is increased by 50% to nearby enemies in the location. Casting time, 1 second, time to travel to location 1-.1 seconds depending on distance. Time for your character to appear .5 seconds Range, 1000
Visuals: your body fades and is covered by a bloody mist, the mist travels quickly to the target location, at the location the mist expands violently then collects together and you appear. Sounds: the sound of mist then an ambivilant sound with a woosh and splatter as you hit enemies between the target area, a big boom at target area and splatter if enemies are hit.

i have like 36 more, most of these are intended for melee characters such as the marauder or duelist or templar, except it uses blood instead of mana, basically a blood mage.
PoE Caster hopeful!
Skill Name: Detonation Wave

Target: Enemies

Description: That which giveth, taketh away. Your character draws energy from x charges of equipped Health & Mana flasks and transforms it into a charge that detonates. The explosion creates a shock wave that propagates outward in a 360º arc from your character, inflicting Physical, Chaos and Fire damage to all enemies within a x yard radius. Enemies over x% health are damaged, knocked back and stunned for x seconds, while weakened enemies below x% health are flattened and killed.

Visuals: You thrust your weapon skyward, and veins of energy race up your raised arm. The weapon glows and is lost to view as the energy coalesces into a blinding globe. You withdraw your weapon from the sphere, leaving it to hover momentarily above you. It suddenly shrinks in on itself and detonates, unleashing a supersonic shock wave that rips through the air, churning up dust and flattening surrounding brush and debris. The immediate area shakes from the force and a wave of fire follows close behind.

Sounds: I imagine a high pitched whine followed by a standard explosion sound.

Picture: Something along these lines.
My mind has a mind of its own.
Skill name: "May I Cut In"; melee weapons only
Target: Enemies; AoE spell
Description: You can target enemies via radius-like spell, affected enemies will receive a short de-buff. De-buff consist of having the first affected enemy attacks you receive a counter-hit by your character, resulting in severed limb or decapitation. The activation of the skill will also rely on % chance. Severity and activation of the skill can be increased through skill leveling. Max level of the skill will also provide a small chance of cutting your enemy in half, resulting in the immediate death of the monster where decapitation allows the monster to swing once more before dying. Loss of limb does not kill the monster, just weakens it.
Visuals: Dodge animation and immediate counter-swing animation afterwards, resulting in gory decapitation or loss of limb. Fair amount of dripping blood.
Sounds: Skill activation would sound like a ghost whisper. Decapitation will have extra sound from the head being cut off and loss of limb will also be accompanied by a short growl/scream/shout from the target enemy. Cutting your enemy in half will have only dripping blood, body separation kind of sounds, you don't need more sounds for it.
*picture*:
Targeting your enemies would look something like that.
decapitation would look like that
"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is fine."
- Scissors.
Name: Howl of the Damned.

Target: Enemies around you.

Description: Your character it's driven insane by the terifying sight around him and sends out a howl that decreases the armor by x% and damage by% of the enemies all around him in a large area and sends them shiver in fear for x seconds.

Visuals: Your characters starts screaming and black waves spreads around him.

Sound: When the waves start to spread u hear a madman screaming out of anger, the sound being close to that of a monster in rage.
Last edited by Dambly on Sep 24, 2011, 2:12:11 PM
Skill Name: Spectral Caltrops

Target: Area/Enemies

Affinity: Dexterity

Description: Player targets an area of the ground to place caltrops. The spell lasts for 10-30 seconds depending on the level. Enemies that pass over the ground where the skill is active are slowed ~50% and mana is leeched ~1%. The percentage of mana leech is influenced by skill level.

Sounds: There is a slight sound clinking when the skill if first used, but it is meant to be a mostly silent skill.

Visuals: After target area is selected the player moves his/her arm as if throwing something. Translucent blue caltrops appear in target area. They will occasionally glint as a clue that the trap is active.

Picture:
Last edited by tilde on Sep 24, 2011, 12:59:35 PM
Skill Name: Ray of Death

Target: Ground

Description: You summon a small tower casting a deadly beam upon its surroundings like a lighthouse. Duration: x seconds.

Sound: laserbeam or burning

Last edited by glavius on Sep 24, 2011, 1:40:08 PM
Skill name: Honor Guard

Target: Ranged enemies

Description: This is a skill for shield wielding classes only.
Enemies that have their attacks blocked by the player's shield have a 15% chance (can be modified by player's gear choice) of being transformed into the player's honor guard. Honor guards will immediately turn and attack the nearest ranged enemy, fighting it and commanding its attention for 10 seconds or until dead. An honor guard will have half the player's full health and will be able to perform a limited amount of the player's melee abilities. Experience from all related kills goes to the player. If the honor guard is still alive after 10 seconds or if there are no ranged targets available, it will revert back to its original form and target. If the honor guard kills its target it will move to the next nearest ranged enemy. There can be multiple honor guards in service at one time.

Visuals: An honor guard will look like an exact clone of the player, and will have a pulsing shield icon over its head.

Sounds: There will the sound of the honor guard drawing his sword, and shouting "En garde!"

Picture:
Last edited by Chivalrous on Sep 24, 2011, 2:06:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info