[Contest] Design a skill idea for Path of Exile PART 2 [ENDED]

Skill Name: Summon Spikes
Target: AoE
Description: After a 3-second channeling time spikes are summoned in the target AoE radius that deals a burst of initial base damage and bleeding damage-over-time thereafter (can be ice or earth spikes).
Visuals: Earth - spikes come from underground to impale enemies. Ice - spikes are formed from mist.
Sounds: Self-explanatory.
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/AjvrN.png
Keys!? They're non-existent! Go do something worthwhile!
Skill Name: Pillar of Death

Target: Enemy

Type: AoE - up to 15 enemies in the circle area

Description:

* Cooldown 10 sec

* Lasts X seconds

* Summon the pillar of death from earth and call the rain of fire from the sky for 7 times

* Rain fire will dmg and burn the enemy inside/around the circle area of the pillar

* Enemy inside the circle will be hp drained by the pillar until the rain of fire ends

If enemy die by this skill, they will transform into ashes.

Visuals: Same pic large size http://i.imgur.com/8YJJ2.jpg
Picture:

Sounds:
A small earthquake when the pillar gets out from the ground, sound of rain combined with fire, when monsters turns into ashes they sound like ghosts.

Skill Name: Rage of Blades

Target: Enemy

Type: AoE - up to "x" enemies surrounding area

Description:
* When skill is activated the rage of blades it will be unleashed and will cut with furry all enemies in surrounding area.

*All enemies in surrounding area will be attacked 7 times by sharp blades.

Visuals:
Tons of blades flying in circle around the character.

Picture: large size here http://i.imgur.com/3A7aM.jpg

Sounds:
Sound of storm and blades that cut the air and a scream of rage.
imp
Last edited by kindland2009 on Sep 24, 2011, 1:02:42 PM
Skill name: Table Flip

Target: AoE

Description: Spawns a table at the mouse cursor, then flips it, dealing crushing damage to all enemies within the area.

Visuals: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sounds: If a table is being flipped, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Picture:
Skill name: Kinetic Battery

Target: Any

Description: Places a kinetic shield on the target that lasts 15 seconds. The shield absorbs 10% damage taken. At the end of the duration, or if target is killed the shield explodes dealing damage equal to 5x the absorbed damage in an area around the target.

Visuals: As the shield absorbs more and more damage, the shield emits a more profound electric visual effect. The more charged, the more profound the explosion is (as an electric nova)

Sounds
: As the shield charges, it emits more and more static-like effect. When the shield explodes, it shocks each enemy affected

Flavour text: Give me all you've got.

The point of being able to target enemies is that you could use it to create AOE damage out of single target attacks. The shield may not seem like much, but it can't be very strong if it is to have an AOE nuke attached to it. It would be very good to use on an ally tank, or on a beefy enemy surrounded by other units.

This is my post from the last contest. I hope you don't mind, I would create another if I had the spare time, busy night. If the contest is still going tomorow I'll be able to create a new one. Otherwise, I hope you like this one, it was fun to make :)
skill name: whosyourdaddy
ability: Invicibility
I actually participated in the other giveaway. I might as well repeat and modify my submission since there isn't anything said about that:

Skill name: Merge Minions

Target: (Summon)

Description: Targetted minion will merge with x (increases with skill level) amount of minions of the same kind, creating a super-minion, stats scaling with the amount of minions consumed.

A superminion will have an exclusive skill depending on the minions (zombie or spectre) used. There can only be 1 superminion. Minions and a superminion can exist at the same time as long as all the normal minions are not consumed while summoning.

Visuals:
Player character kills/unsummons the minions and the superminion emerges from the corpses.

Spawning uberminion:

Megazombie (uberminion concept):
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k540/hydris2/poecontestconceptsuperzombiecopy.jpg (thought image would be too large for fourms)

Sounds: (Depends on the Minion used, follows the death sounds of the minions and then a voice clip from the superminion). Shared lines with different voices and effects.

i.e Zombies ----> Death Sound ----> "By your will"/"On your command"
Skill name: Guardian
Target: Enemies/Self
Description:

Call upon your holy guardian.
When summoned, guardian will assist you in battle by taunting surrounding enemies and doing heavy aoe damage.
Also Guardian will prevent you from death by sacrificing himself and shielding you from damage (damage absorbed is equal to 30% of your maximum health).

Lasts: 30 sec
Cooldown: 2 min

Visuals:

A holy guardian appears from bright flash of light near your character.

Sounds:

No idea how to describe it:D

Also:

Here's the another skill from previous contest i've participated if someone is interested :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8286/page/8

*picture*:
Didn't have much time to work with picture, but it shows what i had in mind quite well i think :)

Image used: http://www.pathofexile.com/gallery/#/preview/i92

Last edited by brutaliz on Sep 24, 2011, 5:04:48 AM
Skill name: Frenzy of the Damned

Target(s): Self/Allies also aimed towards enemies. (NOT AVAILABLE IN PvP LEAGUES!)

Description: This skill is sort of a buff. First of all, this is a strength skill, but is beneficial to all classes. To start things off, the skill will be player activated, and has a 2 minute cooldown. (seems reasonable...to me at least) When the skill is activated, the skill gem will enrage the player who activated the gem, increasing melee damage by (x)%. The skill will also "enrage" so to speak his allies by (x)% increasing either melee/spell/arrow damage, depending on who is in the group.(this percentage is less than the caster's percentage of course) If there are no allies in the caster's group, then the caster's melee damage increases by an extra 3%. Enough for the allies, now what does this skill do to the enemy/enemies? I forgot to mention this, but this skill affects up to three enemies The "Frenzy of the Damned" skill decreases melee/casting speed by (x)% as well as decreasing melee/spell damage by an equal or lesser percentage.

Visuals: The visuals will depend on the class of the ally. As for the caster, as stated before this is aimed for the strength builds, so the visual for the caster will be red. When Casted, there will be some sort of cylindrical cone surrounding the: Caster, Ally/Allies, and the enemies. As you can see in the picture I provided, the caster's cone will be (RED), Dexterity based allies' cone will be (GREEN), and Intelligence based allies' cone will be (BLUE). As for the enemy/enemies, their visual will be a black cone (of Death)

Sounds: As for the sound, I imagined the skill to make some sort of Wooshing/Whizzing type of sound. Maybe even some type of Schwoom sound (sorry for the bad descriptions, it's kind of a hard noise to come up with). Take for example the sound that the teleport spell made in Diablo 1, that is kind of what I am imagining for this skill.

FOR BIGGER PICTURE VISIT: http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc410/Tweak838/SkillContest-1.jpg

*Picture*:

Praise Keysus...and he shall guid you down the path...of Exile. ^_^
Skill name: Consume
Target: Enemies
Description: If the target's hp is under x%, it instantly dies and your life regenerates x% over 8 seconds
Visuals: Your character's head enlarges and swallows an enemy whole
Sounds: NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Skill name: Leeching Plague

Target: A single enemy

Description: You send forth a red, ghastly spirit at the target enemy. It causes anyone who attacks the target to leech a % of the damage as health. Lasts x seconds. If a target with the plague dies, it will spread to the next closest enemy.

Visuals: A red ghastly spirit that moves from one target to the next, or dissipates if there are no nearby targets.

Sounds: Feint, ghostly sound.

Before anyone asks why a beta member is trying to win a key, I want the key for my brother.
Last edited by jayceberry on Sep 23, 2011, 11:00:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info