[Contest] Design a skill idea for Path of Exile PART 2 [ENDED]

First of all, I'd like to thank RenoFox for the idea. His first contest was a great success and people put effort into their entries, so here is another chance for all of you guys!

Here is the format

"
Skill name:
Target: (self, allies, enemies, everyone ect...)
Description:
Visuals:
Sounds:
*picture*:

Example:

"
Skill name: Soul Assimilation

Target: Self buff

Description: Your character attracts souls of fallen enemies. Drains mana continuously when activated. Can attract up to x souls. Each soul increases your stats by x%.

Visuals: The attracted souls are floating around your character. Aura-like skill.

Sounds: Spectral howls every time you attract a soul.

*picture*

skill idea from Kamilsa

I'll pick the 10 submissions I like the most, assign a number according to the time it was posted and then I'll roll a 10 sided dice from http://www.roll-dice-online.com/ to select the winner.

The more effort you put into your entry the better the chance I'll select you.

EDIT 1: The winner gets a KEY.

EDIT 2: A picture would definitely help, but its not required, the pictured I posted was just an example.

Good luck everyone! The contest will end in 24 hours, 23/09 16:30 GMT

Contest is over. Congratulations brutaliz
Last edited by Anmat on Sep 24, 2011, 5:54:36 PM
Everything fine but how do i make picture of skill without any graphic expertise?
Keysus- His power is infinite!
Skill name: Mind Blitz
Target: Ground Area
Description: Makes the enemies in a radius x go aganist eachother for y seconds, higher level gem means higher stats. Will always drain 70% of your mana. The purpose is to give you a chance to escape from situations where you are being overrun.
Visuals: Two white circles orbiting the head of the enemy for the duration of the effect.
Sounds: Not applicable.
*picture*: I'm a horrible graphics artist, but here:
http://i.imgur.com/KElwg.jpg
Last edited by Yohanu on Sep 23, 2011, 12:48:49 PM
this is nothing to do whit Beta keys bro.
Skill name: Spectral Barricade
Target: Enemy damage in a line
Description: When the caster uses it, a wall of spectres rise from the ground and is rooted in place flailing their arms and damaging all enemies they come into contact with.

Visuals: The spectres rise up from the ground screaming and flailing their arms

Sounds: The spectres scream and wail until the ability ends.
*picture*: I have no artistic ability
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
Skill name: Astral Protection
Target: party buff
Description: Absorbs x% amount of magical damage, for y% seconds, with z% cooldown. Only 1 Astral Protection/character.

Visuals: There is a light-blue transparent sphere around each player.

Sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjw-faUyE80&feature=related

*picture*:
Last edited by androclos on Sep 23, 2011, 1:43:17 PM
Do you get a key if you win?!
I'm in so F! you timer!
"
grim wrote:
Do you get a key if you win?!

Looks like I forgot to mention that you DO get a key if you win.
Skill name: Unsullied Rage

Target: Self (Buff)

Description: Increases Casting/Melee combat buy 20% and increases health regeneration by 2% for 10 seconds, but also causes 20% increase in damage to the character. 2 min cool down

Visuals: a Reddish circle surrounding the character with small waves rippling off from the character outwards. The character will Roar when activated (head looking up mouth wide open in an angry rage filled roar)

Sounds: Any form of a Roar will do or maybe a Lions roar, up to the sound guys.

*picture*: I'm a horrible graphics artist, and don't have the program to do what i want the picture to do. My visuals i think give it a just description so it doesn't really need a picture.
Last edited by rjfox81 on Sep 23, 2011, 1:49:37 PM
Skill name: Eternal Nightmare

Target: Single/Group enemy

Description: You gain power from ancient gods of death and direct it to your enemies. Once you cast Eternal Nightmare, your enemy is stunned for x seconds and after that silenced for brief moment. If cast on group of enemies, they will attack each other after stun.

Visuals: The area around target will turn black, and that area will start to decay.

Sounds: Horrible wailing and screaming of damned souls.

Picture: The area visuals would look something like this

http://warpsignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/cw2001-chow.jpg
Damn timer, you scary!
Last edited by Tepaxful on Sep 23, 2011, 1:30:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info