[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Eustacio wrote:
Been running this type of build and noticed what I think are a couple small efficiency issues in your 1.3 build. At least I couldn't figure out the reasoning. Like the build, but these are just some thoughts.

1) You spend 6 points to get to the Sanctuary node, presumably for the 28% to all Resistances. Couldn't you spend 6 points on the three 18% nodes north of Sentinel at the Scion start and three 12% nodes by Diamond skin for 2% more resist? I can't imagine the 3% block on a non-block build is worth it, plus you can cherry pick your resistance nodes (to an extent) to what you actually need, possibly saving you more points?

2) You spend a total of 14 points going to Arsonist and the 3 Life nodes below it. You get 73% Fire Damage, 3% Damage penetration, 20% life, and 3% All Resists out of that. Couldn't you do the following instead for 70% Damage, 25% Life, and some free points:

a) Spend 6 points going to Retribution and down to the 14% Spell Damage node at the Templar start for 70% Damage and 5% Cast Speed.

b) Spend 5 nodes to finish filling out the wheel of life for 25% Life.

c) Have 3 nodes left over for whatever else you want (the three 8% Projectile Damage nodes at Scion start? Some more life at the Unrelenting Wheel? The +30 Intelligence node if you still need Intelligence after removing the pathing?).

Could you make the changes and show the build ? I would like to compare them but i'm a little stoopid at reading comprehension :$
Is there a reliable way to use the MF flask?
I'm using OP's tree and the regen is just too massive, spamming curses won't keep the life down.
On the other hand I like the high regen and I am wondering if there is some other kinda trick to make it work. I already considered specing out of BM and using the BM gem, but I really don't want to lose the DPS.

My bad if it was already mentioned somewhere, I couldn't find it while skimming thru pages.
Last edited by rappieaz1992 on Feb 20, 2015, 7:03:51 PM
"
fadesite wrote:
"
Eustacio wrote:
Been running this type of build and noticed what I think are a couple small efficiency issues in your 1.3 build. At least I couldn't figure out the reasoning. Like the build, but these are just some thoughts.

1) You spend 6 points to get to the Sanctuary node, presumably for the 28% to all Resistances. Couldn't you spend 6 points on the three 18% nodes north of Sentinel at the Scion start and three 12% nodes by Diamond skin for 2% more resist? I can't imagine the 3% block on a non-block build is worth it, plus you can cherry pick your resistance nodes (to an extent) to what you actually need, possibly saving you more points?

2) You spend a total of 14 points going to Arsonist and the 3 Life nodes below it. You get 73% Fire Damage, 3% Damage penetration, 20% life, and 3% All Resists out of that. Couldn't you do the following instead for 70% Damage, 25% Life, and some free points:

a) Spend 6 points going to Retribution and down to the 14% Spell Damage node at the Templar start for 70% Damage and 5% Cast Speed.

b) Spend 5 nodes to finish filling out the wheel of life for 25% Life.

c) Have 3 nodes left over for whatever else you want (the three 8% Projectile Damage nodes at Scion start? Some more life at the Unrelenting Wheel? The +30 Intelligence node if you still need Intelligence after removing the pathing?).

Could you make the changes and show the build ? I would like to compare them but i'm a little stoopid at reading comprehension :$

He means this
Order of the Raven | Guild Leader | IGN:HoneySiphon | GMT -5

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/813491/page/1
Which one is better the one??? I made a Templar Dual Flame Totem and trying to figure out what tree to go off for the best results....

I have been following the Maurader tree from the first post, but I noticed that the post above talks about efficient tweaks to the tree so I was wondering which one is more effective...I did get Retribution and not Light of Divinity so Far...Just working my way around the tree to try and get all the totem nodes worth getting.

Here is the latest build I am thinking on following:

Also what does a Flame Totem benefit more from? +1 Fire Staff or Spell Damage/Cast Speed Staff?? I have been looking for a Scepter and shield to upgrade my current staff but my Staff is doing 83% Spell Damage 10% Cast Speed with Fire Damage 10-18

so I am just seeking some advice.
Last edited by RagnarLoftbrook on Feb 23, 2015, 1:55:11 PM
"
Which one is better the one??? I made a Templar Dual Flame Totem and trying to figure out what tree to go off for the best results....

I have been following the Maurader tree from the first post, but I noticed that the post above talks about efficient tweaks to the tree so I was wondering which one is more effective...I did get Retribution and not Light of Divinity so Far...Just working my way around the tree to try and get all the totem nodes worth getting.

Here is the latest build I am thinking on following:

Also what does a Flame Totem benefit more from? +1 Fire Staff or Spell Damage/Cast Speed Staff?? I have been looking for a Scepter and shield to upgrade my current staff but my Staff is doing 83% Spell Damage 10% Cast Speed with Fire Damage 10-18

so I am just seeking some advice.

Any damage mods on scepter or staff that is spell%, fire%, cast speed will increase flame totems DPS. As well any +fire gem level in a staff if your set up is linked in it will increase the DPS.

I've tried several set ups both mentioned here on my Lv95 dual flame totem maura.

Benifits:
Higher life about the same dps but not much to matter.
My totem is 5L:Flame totem(lv18), LMP(20/20), Faster Proj(20/20), IIQ, IIR

Benifits:
Dual curse with ball lighting/curse on hit using Flammability and Temp Chains.
My totem is 5L:Flame totem(lv18), LMP(20/20), Faster Proj(20/20), IIQ, IIR
Dps: 2,556 and
Life: 5099
Gear:
Spoiler

For me I prefer the 2nd build since dual curse is strong. I have more int so I can use ele weakness in group setting for cursing and max level lighting warp.

"
rappieaz1992 wrote:
I'm using OP's tree and the regen is just too massive, spamming curses won't keep the life down.
On the other hand I like the high regen and I am wondering if there is some other kinda trick to make it work. I already considered specing out of BM and using the BM gem, but I really don't want to lose the DPS.

My bad if it was already mentioned somewhere, I couldn't find it while skimming thru pages.

Someone already mentioned using Forbidden Taste http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_flasks because of the 8% of maximum Life taken as Chaos Damage per Second, then the Divination Distillate and it will stay active.

"
TristinX wrote:
"
rappieaz1992 wrote:

Someone already mentioned using Forbidden Taste http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_flasks because of the 8% of maximum Life taken as Chaos Damage per Second, then the Divination Distillate and it will stay active.

Ah alright, thanks. Apparently my regen is still too high and I don't really wanna lower it more, forbidden taste didn't work for me.
Just resorted to using RF, degen is not so bad if you pop the flask right after since it gives +6 to all resists, just have to get the timing right.
Sorry but, is Mortal Conviction node being used in your build?

Thanks
"
mmsmanelmms wrote:
Sorry but, is Mortal Conviction node being used in your build?

Thanks

You can use it with Herald of Thunder yes.
"
rappieaz1992 wrote:

Culling purposes withs with Flask that remove % of your hp on taking the pot, then you can pop divine distillate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info