[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

1. For those farming dominus, do you guys have any tips and strategies? does flammability and elemental weakness help a lot or only a little bit?

I watched the video of his dominus kill, all he did was sit back and spam totems. is it really that easy?

2. I'm leveling up by farming Piety. Do I start doing chaos recipe from rares I get from her or is it not worth it yet. I am going for the 2c recipe. But looking at all the rares I get from her, it seems like most items are not even level 60 yet.
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 22, 2014, 10:10:16 AM
how he have 79% max res?
"
sighlight wrote:
1. For those farming dominus, do you guys have any tips and strategies? does flammability and elemental weakness help a lot or only a little bit?

I watched the video of his dominus kill, all he did was sit back and spam totems. is it really that easy?

2. I'm leveling up by farming Piety. Do I start doing chaos recipe from rares I get from her or is it not worth it yet. I am going for the 2c recipe. But looking at all the rares I get from her, it seems like most items are not even level 60 yet.

1. Watch out for all his spells lol. Just stay away and put totems in his face. Watch a guide how to kill him and you will see what to lookout for. Since you always keep a distance it shouldnt be a problem anyways. Stay inside his bubble when its start raining in phase 2, dont get cleaved cuz that will add stacks on you, a single Remove Bleed pot counter this without problems.

If your Flammability removes 40% fire resistance it will give you 40% more fire damage, as simple and effective as that.

2. Dont do the 2 chaos recipe, you might get very good rolls and you suddenly can sell one rare for everything from 1-15 chaos, or even more if you're lucky.
Its not level 60 for recipes. Its ITEM level 60, hover over a item and write /itemlevel to look what lvl it is. A lvl 50 item can have 65 ilvl.
Everything that drops from piety should be over ilvl 60

//Paaikalaiset Level 80 Beyond League.
Last edited by paaik on Sep 22, 2014, 1:43:31 PM
To maker of thread. How u managed to get that link collors in pure str armour. Can u tell me alternate gems dor pure str armour, it will be unlikely for me to get that combination
"
paaik wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

1. Watch out for all his spells lol. Just stay away and put totems in his face. Watch a guide how to kill him and you will see what to lookout for. Since you always keep a distance it shouldnt be a problem anyways. Stay inside his bubble when its start raining in phase 2, dont get cleaved cuz that will add stacks on you, a single Remove Bleed pot counter this without problems.

If your Flammability removes 40% fire resistance it will give you 40% more fire damage, as simple and effective as that.

2. Dont do the 2 chaos recipe, you might get very good rolls and you suddenly can sell one rare for everything from 1-15 chaos, or even more if you're lucky.
Its not level 60 for recipes. Its ITEM level 60, hover over a item and write /itemlevel to look what lvl it is. A lvl 50 item can have 65 ilvl.

1. So you can are saying that if my elemental weakness can remove another 40% to his elemental weaknesses, then I can remove 80% of his resist to fire and thus do 80% more damage? That sounds broken as hell =D

Thank you so much for you in depth answer. One last question would be:

2. I have been using added chaos damage in place of fire penetration. Now that I am nearing dominus, do you think it is a good time to swap them and use fire penetration? Not sure which is more effective at this point. Thank you
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 23, 2014, 2:43:28 AM
"
Stated wrote:
It blows my mind how people are suggesting getting andvarius and doryanis like it it nothing...
"I'm level 62 and just got my 2nd andvarius" must be nice to be rich
I would love to use these items, but these items are INSANLEY expensive
I'm level 81 and maybe have an exalt worth of currency.
The average player doesn't get expensive drops so how in the world are people affording this stuff???

Show me your secrets; or maybe I'm just not lucky...

Actually I'm not rich at all xD I just happened to stumble accross a couple of players who sold me their Andvarius for only 2 exalts each (albeit the rolls for both of them are pretty meh). Believe me, I do get your frustration when it comes to making currency in this game.... it is quite the grind, and I've made a lot of mistakes.

There are however a few tricks that can make your life a hell of a lot easier:
1) As it was mentioned before, the chaos recipe is a great way of getting a consistent influx of cash, even if it is quite slow.
2) Try setting up a shop thread to sell your gear. This is made exceptionally easy thanks to Procurement. Here's a video explaining how to set everything up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzswirkq-U

This is especially convenient when you finally get a good unique to sell.
3) This one requires a bit more of research, but it is quite simple in nature: buy low, sell high. I managed to get 14 chaos in profit in the standard league by buying 2 exalts for 25 chaos each, and then selling them for 32 chaos each. This part basicslly requires some attention to the global and trade chat to understand the current market values, and try to quickly sell to the highest bidder.
4) Try to spend as little as possible in your leveling gear. Save that sweet currency for when it really counts.

Other than that, it's just luck :P
Last edited by Mutaclotos on Sep 23, 2014, 4:06:40 AM
Does IIR affect the chances of finding currency? I just found my first freaking EXALT!
"
sighlight wrote:
"
paaik wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

1. So you can are saying that if my elemental weakness can remove another 40% to his elemental weaknesses, then I can remove 80% of his resist to fire and thus do 80% more damage? That sounds broken as hell =D

Thank you so much for you in depth answer. One last question would be:

2. I have been using added chaos damage in place of fire penetration. Now that I am nearing dominus, do you think it is a good time to swap them and use fire penetration? Not sure which is more effective at this point. Thank you

1. Yeah i think it should be like that lol. You can probably check the wiki out to get a more exact answer.

2. I only got a 5-link so far and i use - Flame totem -> Greater Multiple Projectiles -> Added Chaos Damage -> Iron Will -> Item Rarity. So i dont use Fire penetration either, and like OP said Added Chaos Damage level 20 adds 800 tooltip dps(?). And with my current set up like this i got 1600 tooltip dps and 270 rarity. Wich means Added Chaos Damage adds ALOT of damage, and i dont think a fire pen gem will raise your dps that much.

And the reason i use iron will is because i didnt manage to get 3 Blue Sockets on my strength chest, and since i got 400 Strength Iron Will gives me.. err 80% increased Spell Power i think, So that one adds alot too.
If i switch out Rarity for Faster Casting i got roughly 2000 tooltip dps, wich equals 20 000 DPS.

I will post my gear and such later on in this thread.

Im still without Andvarius rings, and a nice 6-link chest, the rest of the gear is OK. Since i play in Beyond i care more of survival than DPS. I ran with 2 auras and Blood magic gem linked to FT in my chest until maybe level 77.

Remember kids, Safety first.
"
sighlight wrote:
Does IIR affect the chances of finding currency? I just found my first freaking EXALT!

I think i've read that it doesnt, Currency is the same for everyone. IIR will only get you better loot from killing. (Maybe they've changed this, i read it in an old thread, but i dont think so.)
@paaik

Yeah, I never understood why people went fire penetration since chaos adds soo much more. So you have GMP-FT-IIR-Chaos-Iron Will as your sockets? Wouldnt faster casting be better than Iron will? For me Iron will only gives me a little boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info