New Ground Slam Effect in 1.1.2

Hmm cool, but it kind of goes against the skill description now, will that change?
While I'm definitely in the camp that prefers the old look, I can see that the glowing blast lines could mislead one into thinking fire damage was being dealt. I'm definitely not a fan of the spikes, though.

I don't know how much of a nightmare it would be to code and/or render, but a rolling wave of ground (or just a rolling wave of distortion like actual shockwaves?) from the impact point would be perfect, in my opinion.

A simpler version might be a wedge of the shockwave totem effect.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Yeah I use ground slam because I like melee fighting, but the new visual makes it way more like a Geomancer spell.

Slamming the ground with a big mace you'd expect the damage to come from a shockwave or rocks/earth flying up or cracks in the earth (like before).

I think the idea is cool, but they need to tone down the spikey'ness.

The idea of ground slam is that it's a brutal strength based attack, down with maces. The idea this just causes the enemies to be impaled with spikes is just "off"
Last edited by Zaqwert on Apr 4, 2014, 7:05:16 PM
Not a fan of this being groundslam.
It is a cool effect but should be a new skill.
Would rather goundslam was just shockwaves like when Brutus does it.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
O.O
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
Still no pants for my templar(s)?
"
Warmey wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Warmey wrote:
Wait a minute, are you telling me that if I have AOE increases right now, it does nothing to increase the range of my ground slam? wtf!??!

It works but doesn't show it visually. The new one does.

Alright, good stuff Chris. Now please introduce character inventory stash tabs. I'm tired of games that makes people go to town every 5 minutes. I think we need to break this trend. :)

We should concentrate on people killing mobs, looting, killing mobs, looting and then an hour later sell.

Sorry, for the small derailment.

MF backpacks cargo pants and utility belts with more spaces that go in belt boot or glove slots :D for those grinding runs
new groundslam effect: badass
I'll be honest with you.

I don't like it.

Edit: See, I get where you guys are coming from, it is old, doesn't scale with AoE and doesn't work properly for hitting higher heights. I just wish there was a way of fixing these problems while keeping the idea of a shockwave splitting the ground.
Last edited by THEBATTLEMASTER8 on Apr 4, 2014, 10:31:32 PM
I agree aswell that it's good to know that skill effects will be updated, as there are quite many that look very outdated by todays standards.

But I don't think this new Ground Slam has succeeded when it comes to style. The effect in itself is cool and would fit a spell of some sorts, but it just doesn't fit Ground Slam. I too agree that a shockwave of somesorts would be better.

If at all possible, take the fan feedback GGG and change it! But save the current new effect for another spell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info