Question about using multiple CWDT

I know that CWDT can be used in more than one item but there are some restrictions. Let's use this example:

CWDT + Enduring Cry (both level 1 gems) in gloves
-and-
CWDT + Enduring Cry (both level 1 gems) in boots

The Enduring Cry will not stack, I will only ever get one of them working. I want to know if I can do something like this:

3 items all using CWDT but different levels - example:

CWDT + Enduring Cry (both level 1 gems) in gloves
CWDT + Enduring Cry (both level 2 gems) in boots
CWDT + Enduring Cry (both level 3 gems) in helm

If I only take enough damage for the level 1 CWDT to take effect, I would get 1 endurance charge. But if I take enough damage for all three CWDT would I get 3 endurance charges simultaneously?

I believe that every time enduring cry casts it overwrites the current timer with the new endurance charges it procs. Also I think there's a cooldown so no, I don't believe you'd triple enduring cry it would only act as 1.

One guy recently was dumbfounded he had 5 seconds then 4 seconds then 1 second dead on his Immortal call timer. He thought desync when actually he procc'd enduring cry and with not much around lost his charges so the timer dropped off.

The use is really in casting different skills. Level 1 for immortal call (remember the support gems aren't effected by cast on damage level cap) with high level increased duration.
Then a higher level cast on damage with higher level molten shell since low level MS sucks.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Apr 3, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
Enduring Cry, sadly, shares Cooldown between Gems [now.]
Only one could go off within the same Cooldown.

I miss those glory days when you could do back to back ECs with multiple ECs... >_<

Also, each Gem separately tracks the CwDT Damage Counter, and does NOT track Damage Taken when on Cooldown. Which could potentially lead to them going off at different times.

An interesting use though, is using a Level 7 CwDT with EC+ImmortallCall. Since Level 7 CwDT requires double the Damage Taken as a Level 1 CwDT, you could potentially use this to trigger 2 ECs before your Immortal Call (now also a higher level because of the Trigger Gems Level) goes off. Granted if you take enough damage to trigger both CwDTs before the EC Cooldown is refreshed, only ONE would go off.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 3, 2014, 12:19:16 PM
Thanks for the replies guys - I really appreciate the info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info