Engery shield vs. armor as a witch

I was wondering which would be best to use as a fire witch. My zombies usually just soak up the damages for me anyway and I normally summon skeletons when I'm facing a boss but the armor I'm currently equipped with gives me 950 armor and 77 ES. While my old one gave me 753 armor and 271 ES. Would ES or armor be best on a witch?
I use Eldritch Battery and Arctic Armour, using Discipline and Clarity to sustain it. Then I wear Cloak of Defiance (can probably buy for around 15c) for further mitigation. I'm assuming non-CI, of course.

It's very difficult to run high armour on a witch, especially considering that you use very few red gems, and off-coloring gets expensive. Maybe you could get high armour values with shield passives, but I don't see many people use those.
as a witch you really don't have armor nodes to buff armor, while you do have es nodes.
anyway, the choices are really life vs es and armor vs evasion
you should be taking at least one from each of those 2 categories, although I think you'd really have to go out of your way for armor.

there are players who will always stack armor, but personally, if I'm witch I stack es and get into some lighter armor with smaller move penalty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info