>ISO< 2H Sword Spec Throw/Heavy Strike build advice

Thinking about rolling a Marauder/Duelist 2H sword build using spec throw aoe and heavy strike single target. Looking for advice or if others use this build what their tree looks like.

I think my links will be as follows

6 Link Spec throw = BM > Faster Attacks > LMP > Spec throw > WED > Added fire/Life leech?

4 Link Heavy Strike = BM > Heavy Strike > Melee Phys > Faster Attacks

Might use Carnage Heart and maybe rings for life leech or just use the Life Leech gem still not sure.

If you have any tips or advice or a build you can link me that is similar to what im looking for please let me know thanks!!

Version 1
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn1W1eWgnL57NC2HvDqcweA28nxQgcru-iqlupKxQR7nNAdy18mxG8i8YkaFtpBluqjWScmxUSRv6Ssj-j4jxMgkl303jhNmmV25pqZRlTTGevqeQbEd-0k2HaqvFwA9hIdXthO9qk3TttkF6704qQzFgSymlG8gFLX6aQKADACFgnrnlxcEH1340NRRx-OvqGPcycql82ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzAnEUTaIA8B9mnvrSNunjaiSqGYU=

Version 2
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn1W1eWgnL57NC2HvDqcweA28nxRxFCByu76KqW6krPjrUEe5zQHctfJsRvIv6hgYkaFtpBluqjWScmxUSfcyG_pKyP6PiPEyCXKpJd9N43zZhNmmV25pqZRlTTGevqeQbEd-0k2HaqvFwA9hIdXthO9qk3TttkF6704qQzFgS1uvKaUbyAUt3Q1-mkCg_MUDACFgnrlW-meg5cXBB-4OiiKHdtd-GtvveiP2wPNKfTQ1-WPTfu_wfPUV8H11WkjApjpY_roEfrvjhxnEopAK
Last edited by hiightech on Apr 2, 2014, 11:22:12 PM
anyone?
Version 1:

I dont like any tree that...
*goes all the way up to "elemental adaptation" but doesnt take it
*walks past endurance charges without taking them
*makes use of the shitty twohanded nodes in Duelist (have you read what little they do? almost nothing if you use RT)
*makes use of the "Deft Blade" (you invest 5 (!) skillpoints for 34% damage, "Blade Master" - same amount of points - is: 48% damage, 10% attackspeed)
*doesn't take the sword/life nodes
*walks to iron reflexes but not to the 18% life node

Version 2:

I like it a little more, but still feels like a ton of wasted skillpoints (like walking to RT over Bloodmagic) with the same issues.
Streamline your builds a bit more. Only take serious nodes, skip the shitty ones.

Tree I would go for:

100 points

Skipped Resolute Technique, as this is a Dex-heavy build, there's Accuracy on swords and a lot on the sword nodes (+88% Acc from tree alone).
264% life, a ton of damage and attackspeed.
Should be fine.
You can skip the 6 points I invested to get the last life nodes at ranger and take more armor in Duelist and Marauder or the 4-point sword-Cluster at Ranger, if you want.

---

Links:

ST + LMP + Phys Projectile Damage + BM + Faster Attacks +Added Fire/Life Leech

HS: Sounds fine, but could get 5-6 linked too.
If you don't want a 5-6L twohander, I wouldnt even consider going for a twohanded build at all.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 3, 2014, 4:38:23 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Tree I would go for:

100 points

Skipped Resolute Technique, as this is a Dex-heavy build, there's Accuracy on swords and a lot on the sword nodes (+88% Acc from tree alone). 264% life, a ton of damage and attackspeed. Should be fine.

I have a build very similar to this in invasion and it works well. Didn't take butchery, opting instead for some of the easily accessible armor nodes. Chance to hit isn't a big issue with all the dex and acc picked up along the way.

"

ST + LMP + Phys Projectile Damage + BM + Faster Attacks +Added Fire/Life Leech

HS: Sounds fine, but could get 5-6 linked too.
If you don't want a 5-6L twohander, I wouldnt even consider going for a twohanded build at all.

I've got the tricked-out HS, which I seem to end up using for much of the serious business. I could probably throw melee splash back on there and really put ST on the back burner. Perhaps there are better skills/links for a build like this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info